Lupo

99hjhm

Well that's what I was trying to say when I posted the above! The clutch and brake pedal switches show '1' when pressed, so if since they were showing 0 when you read the measuring block I wouldn't have thought they would be holding you out :confused:

Oh I see.

Looking at this..

http://www.ross-tech...ks/060-069.html

It's in a different part of the measuring block though, the digits I have are in the 4 column across, looks like the pedal opperation is in the second box.

I'm not going to admit driving whilst pushing 3 different buttons and reading off a laptop screen at the same time, weather I was or not. Guess the car doesn't have to be moving to try the values though.

Because the TDI used a well known engine, it has a complete label file, the GTI has no label file for the AVY engine on VAG-COM. So I'm totally guessing, or I was untill I found the above link.

Edited by 99hjhm

Right now I understand. It's kind of hard to check the switch is working properly when you don't know which measuring block to look at!

I tested mine while sat on the drive. I even managed to get a row of 1's by pressing all the switches at the same time (little things, little minds :lol: )

Also, you know you have to be doing over 20mph for the cruise to work? Maybe the part of the ECU that operates the cruise control is not seeing the cars speed? Just a thought

Right now I understand. It's kind of hard to check the switch is working properly when you don't know which measuring block to look at!

I tested mine while sat on the drive. I even managed to get a row of 1's by pressing all the switches at the same time (little things, little minds :lol: )

Also, you know you have to be doing over 20mph for the cruise to work? Maybe the part of the ECU that operates the cruise control is not seeing the cars speed? Just a thought

lol.. Yes, I thought it might be 30mph, Al said 25mph, display was in kph, but I tried all speeds and gears. Think the measuring block says 25kph

I tested it on the drive too, but that was when I was just flicking through the channels.

Getting a row of 1's did cross my mind too :lol:, didn't tempt it though.

The measuring block is seeing speed too, can't see whats wrong other than the pedal switch or throttle body issue, maybe lack of wiring to the TB at a guess, will see tomorrow.

Thanks Jon.

Car looks amazing. I also have a black GTi and have been wanting to change the steering wheel for a while. Ive seen this on ebay and was going to go for it but am worried about the airbag side of things. How easy / dangerous would it be to change it over? Seen as this one doesn't have the stereo controls on, is it likely to be a straight swap?

Thanks for the help... Ryan

Car looks amazing. I also have a black GTi and have been wanting to change the steering wheel for a while. Ive seen this on ebay and was going to go for it but am worried about the airbag side of things. How easy / dangerous would it be to change it over? Seen as this one doesn't have the stereo controls on, is it likely to be a straight swap?

The steering wheel controls make no difference, as the Lupo has no need, wires for them.

That one will fit, same seller as Casper GTI had his from.

Airbag should be fine, but you need some knowledge of wiring/soldering to connect up the new one.

It won't fit straight off... Casper had to machine down the rear face of the steering wheel other wise it would crush the lupo slip ring when you tighten it up!

It's not an easy fit at all the Mk6 wheel.

hmm..i can solder and have a basic knowledge of electronics.. A* at GCSE lol..

I don't like the idea of machining it down though...what is a slip ring? (I've only ever had an austin mini wheel off and I'm guessing this is slightly different :)

hmm..i can solder and have a basic knowledge of electronics.. A* at GCSE lol..

I don't like the idea of machining it down though...what is a slip ring? (I've only ever had an austin mini wheel off and I'm guessing this is slightly different :)

I dont think it would need much, probably could be done with a file.

You would also need to be able to turn the airbag light off afterwards.

Not according to John?

oh.. Have to ask him.

Thought it was just the radius on the back on the Golf wheel was to big for the bore of the Lupo slip ring.

See somebody else on here now has a Mk6 wheel. ;)

The mk6 wheel sits further back on the spindle and squashes the slip ring, I had to adjust the slip ring to stop the horn going off and the slip ring jamming.

I thought you ended up machineing down the rear face of the wheel?

Little boring update, just so I don't need to remember what I've done/not done.

Fitted a new drivers door lock, now all the central locking works right, interior light works and the ararm doesn't go off when you get in the car... :lol:

Refitted the de-locking barrels now I know it's all OK.. And took some pics for a guide.

Then I fitted a new LED in one of the door lights I fitted ages ago, been flashing on and off for ages. Got the light fitting better in the panel too, must be one of the best mods i have done, just looks perfectly OEM.

Today I washed and vacuum'd the car, went over it for hours, jet washed all the wheel arches too, not cleaned the interior since way before Christmas.

I cut down the rear head rests to they sit just above flush on the rears seats, look much better and you can see more out of the rear screen.

Might order some coilovers this week, if I have time. :P

Changed the main beam light bulbs for H3 'Ultra' bulbs that nfbr recommended, they are really really good, and cost all of about £10 on ebay.

Another LED has blown in the W8 interior light, so need to change that, got some brighter LED's for the side light bulbs coming too.

Got a new scuttle panel to fit after I bust mine when taking it off when playing with the ECU for cruise control.

DSC00036-2.jpg

14th February 2010

Did a few things that needed finishing.....

Changed the sidelight bulbs to 9 LED SMD bulbs for extra brightness.

Changed the wire cover on the RS4 mirror to a new one, after I found the old one didn't need modifying. :rolleyes:

Changed a blown LED in the interior light.

Washed and half polished the car.

Sealed the windscreen with Jetseal 109.

Edited by 99hjhm

• 2 weeks later...