Lupo

99hjhm

You pick the best time of year to start :lol:

Pizza rear FTW! :lol:

ow... Thought of some more bits to do..

*Finish the Auto dimming mirror.. Going to be ace if it works.

*Fit the delocking kit, now I have the caps painted and all the parts... Might get a few more fobs working first.. Dont want to be busting glass.

*Gloss black B-post trims.. When the painter at works painted them.

Edited by 99hjhm

For the record I have a 9N3 leather handbrake lever :shades:

so do i had it for about 18 months all you have to do is swap the buttons on both handbrakes over

Club Polo, i would have paid more too, lovely thing, and matches my BRAND SPANKING GTi gaitor perfectly :D

I got the leatherette/material dimpled gear gaitor, i prefer it so much more.

• 3 weeks later...

Gutted as it went dark and started raining... So no pictures yet.

Been busy this weekend.

1. Fitted de-locking kit..... Bit of a pain to do, had to adjust the cables on the door handles to allow the doors to open from the outside afterwards.

2. Convenience flashers.... Don't think this has been done before on a Lupo, works like the later VW's, touch the stalk and the indicators flash 3 times. The kit is of a mk3 Golf, but is also listed to fit a Lupo.

DSCN4397.jpg

3. Audi compass mirror.... Auto dimming mirror with a compass displaying directions... Bit tricky on the wiring front, and still not connected, also had to mod a little wiring cover to fit under the headlining, but messed it up and need another.

4. Audi TT Foot rest.... Matches the GTI pedals, takes alot of cutting, which is difficult as it's thick stainless steel.

5. R32 Style Heater control panel..... Only vinyl, but looks the business, (Thanks to my brother for this)

DSCN4479.jpg

6. R32 Gearknob.. Had a proper go at fitting it this time. Used the Lupo gaitor as the Golf one is too short.

DSCN4319-1.jpg

7, Flip keys.. Thought if I was de-locking, I should get some extra keys. Also found the Lupo can only use 4 remotes, so I have a spare.

DSCN4398.jpg

Also fitted a new starter motor, getting rid of the noisy overrun. Took the undertray off and degreased the engine bay.

DSCN4475.jpg

Comments and ideas please. :)

Edited by 99hjhm

Sweet.

One idea I had...Polo 6n2 GTI climate control. I don't know how much it would cost or how easy it would be or if it's even possible to fit, but the dash is the same...

It doesn't have aircon. :(

I'm sure it's possible if it did... There was a car on here that did have climate control, think it was a option in Germany and Japan.

If I get another, it will have aircon and sunroof.

Also got one of these... Audi R8 coolant bottle cap.

DSCN4403.jpg

DSCN4405.jpg

But it turns out the Lupo coolant bottle is different to other VW's, the thread on the Audi cap is too large... So it doesn't fit.

:angry2: Might look into fitting Mk4 Golf coolant bottle. Although the low level warning sensor is angled on a Golf, so the bonnet might not close. TBH the bonnet might not have closed anyway as the Audi cap is much taller.

This car just keeps getting better and better, taking OEM to the max! :wub:

Comfort indicators hard to fit?

Also with regards to the flip key how easy was it?

Does it need reprogramming at the dealers?

• Like 1