Peugeot 107

sam bignell

I'm going to stick my neck out here . . . . I really like the one i had as a run around whilst my car was having some work done last week.

What do people think of them?

I love how the seats go completely flat like a bed! Also how stupidly light the doors are, the poor stero system, bouncy body roll and the thing that lights up red (heating panel) when you have your lights on :)

All these things gave it character lol

Also i do follow the same rules as most people, rental cars are always the fastest cars no matter what! I gave it some beans alot of the time and it felt soooooo fast, being only a 1.0 litre, as your so close to the road and the body roll makes it feel like your going 30 mph plus what ever your current speed is.

Couple of us went into town and it was my turn to drive and i took the 107, i was laughing so much we had to stop as the amount of banter the little car caused was so funny.

10/10 in my eyes, i took it for what it was and didnt expect alot but the little car won me over :lol:

it made a change to driving around on like £5 for a whole day as well!!!!

If you like a car then you like a car.

I'm not into them as such but they are quite quirky and do have character, which a lot of modern cars don't have. I mean that new Toyota IQ2 is a tiny car too but lacks the character of the 107 from what you have described and what I've seen.

Also with a couple of small mods I reckon the 107 could look pretty cool, not seen a 'Euro' one yet either. :)

the 107 has the campest front end ever.

I'd rather a C1 .. especially now they've given it a face lift

and the 50-70 acceleration in the diesel is pretty good

215941.1-lg.jpg

Edited by Jowey

I think silver secretly wants one as well ;)

I don't like the way it looks! I would be the first to bad mouth one, untill i drove one for a week. It was a total laugh, you can pick the car up pretty much on the rear by yourself :lol:

after the first day i was totally loving the car, i think i fell in love with its faults more than anything

Any one seen under the bonnet in these cars, it's a complete joke!!!!! its like another boot :lol:

i like the whole range, 107, c1 and aygo. i prefer the aygo.

i hope and expect them to be extremely popular cheap cars.

and for the tuners they would make very fun turbocharged conversions, whilst also remaining in the same tax band due to loopholes on modifications of engines.

Make it a C1 like this and I may be tempted...

Citroen%20C1%20GT%20Front.jpg

Citroen%20C1%20GT%20Gullwing.jpg

C1%20GT%20Back.jpg

I actually looked into styling for a 107 when i had mine for a week and this came up! the power to weight ratio in that is pure filth :lol: its got a 1.6 vts engine yum yum . . . . . . .

Those exhausts look the sex as well

I actually looked into styling for a 107 when i had mine for a week and this came up! the power to weight ratio in that is pure filth :lol: its got a 1.6 vts engine yum yum . . . . . . .

£25k price tag though...

...from AutoExpress.

An outrageous bodykit gives the C1 a muscular makeover. The bulging lines have also allowed the designers to build in ground-scraping side skirts, ensuring the car makes the most of underbody aerodynamics.

Engine: 1.6-litre 4 cyl, 125bhp

Price: £25,000

the aygo crazy is better, toyota 1.8 mr2 engine turbo charged and mid engined rwd.

the aygo crazy is better, toyota 1.8 mr2 engine turbo charged and mid engined rwd.

ye but it's not for sale and i doubt very much the owner (is it toyota?) would sell, i wouldn't!

I know its only 125 bhp but thats a standard figure for that engine and i doubt thats been left standard by looks of things. Even so you can easily get some more horses.

I wouldnt buy it at that price, left hand drive cars seem to confuse me :P

. . being only a 1.0 litre . .

it made a change to driving around on like £5 for a whole day as well!!!!

like i said, i love it for the fuel consumption! the lupo is terriable on the short trips i do now and then. But what car isn't i suppose. . . . . . . . the 107 of course lol

I seriously considered the Aygo or C1 before I bought the Fiesta, I discounted the 107 because it's the worst looker of the three. What put me off the C1 was the seats, then the extra £1000 for the Aygo on top. The Welsh lads C1 on EU-Mania is pretty cool I think and quite left field. Citroen rallied the C1, so plenty of bits are about and I think there are some turbo'd versions about using the Diahatsu Charade GTTI set up.

A diesel Aygo is fairly cheap and uses a PSA/Ford 1.4 engine, but only puts out 55hp I think. I know the Fiesta and 206 run high 60s and a lad on UKFN has got his Fiesta 1.4 TDCI running about 120hp with the aid of a FMIC, decat system and custom remap. AS far as I know, the engines are all essentially the same 8V unit, that could be very entertaining in a tightend up C1.