think I just got flashed! *gulp*

xxxxxjenxxxxx

calm down!

your be fine lol

most cameras dont even have film in now, i got flashed going 70/80 in a 40 about a month ago and haven heard anything!

plus if theres a slight chance summut happens and its ur first offence? ur just have to go to some course for a few hours where you just get a bollocking, depends how fast and in what limit etc...

hope this helped :)

calm down!

your be fine lol

most cameras dont even have film in now, i got flashed going 70/80 in a 40 about a month ago and haven heard anything!

plus if theres a slight chance summut happens and its ur first offence? ur just have to go to some course for a few hours where you just get a bollocking, depends how fast and in what limit etc...

I wouldnt be bragging about that ?

You'll be f***ed when the Christmas post backlog clears up won't you !

Haha. I so hope that happens.

I wouldnt be bragging about that ?

well the road was national speed limit all the way along, untuil that point and i didnt even realise it had gone down to 40, it was the first day i got my car, was late at night and not a car in site, i was obviously gonna open her up and see what she could do!

I got flashed a few months back. I was going to contest it but i realized that my insurance was low

and it would be more bother than its worth.

From what i read it depends on the insurer some will overlook it if you only have 3 points for a camera

but others will put the price up by up to 44%.

For me i am not too worried because i have good no claims and i turn 25 this year and that will probably

give me enough of a reduction that i don't notice any difference form my previous renewal.

Where was the camera? One flash and you dont have to worry its two that will get you, not all the cameras

are actual real. There are only a certain amount of cameras that are real they move them around so the case

can have a dummy that flashes.

calm down!

your be fine lol

Most cameras don't use film any more so if they don't get you if you are speeding it is because it is a dummy unit or they could not read

your plate or determine the speed you were going for some reason.

You'll be f***ed when the Christmas post backlog clears up won't you !

Haha. I so hope that happens.

No he will not its been a month and he has not received a NIP so they cant legally give him points.

I set one off going the opposite way the other day on the other side of a dual carriage way, I know it was me as ive managed to do it 4 times now at the same camera with nothing at all on the road...

bet the guy coming through it at the time pooped his pants though when he got flashed!! :lol:

Edited by treblet

I got flashed a few months back. I was going to contest it but i realized that my insurance was low

and it would be more bother than its worth.

From what i read it depends on the insurer some will overlook it if you only have 3 points for a camera

but others will put the price up by up to 44%.

For me i am not too worried because i have good no claims and i turn 25 this year and that will probably

give me enough of a reduction that i don't notice any difference form my previous renewal.

Where was the camera? One flash and you dont have to worry its two that will get you, not all the cameras

are actual real. There are only a certain amount of cameras that are real they move them around so the case

can have a dummy that flashes.

Most cameras don't use film any more so if they don't get you if you are speeding it is because it is a dummy unit or they could not read

your plate or determine the speed you were going for some reason.

No he will not its been a month and he has not received a NIP so they cant legally give him points.

thank you, finally some one to back me up on this one lol...

yeah thats what i thought, if you dont hear anything in two weeks there is nothing they can do or something?

and you two up there mocking me can not say that you have opened up your cars at least once, and knowing that the maximum speed limit is 70 that means you must have been speeding, so think before you mock others, because i am guessing you have!

:)

calm down!

your be fine lol

congratulations

you do realise bragging about driving escapades offends a lot of people on this forum

I set one off going the opposite way the other day on the other side of a dual carriage way, I know it was me as ive managed to do it 4 times now at the same camera with nothing at all on the road...

bet the guy coming through it at the time pooped his pants though when he got flashed!! :lol:

carefull mate, i wouldnt of said that if i was you...

your get a few people having a go at you now for speeding because they have nothing better to do lmao :D

congratulations

you do realise bragging about driving escapades offends a lot of people on this forum

lol i wasnt bragging i was simply giving advice to the lass that got flashed, god sake just give it a rest lmao

so you have never sped?

lol i wasnt bragging i was simply giving advice to the lass that got flashed, god sake just give it a rest lmao

so you have never sped?

did i say that i never have?

but i dont announce it, its not cool to speed. limits are there for a reason, any time your speeding you put yourself and others at risk

carefull mate, i wouldnt of said that if i was you...

your get a few people having a go at you now for speeding because they have nothing better to do lmao :D

I was outside of the 40 limit on my side of the road so there is no problem and tbh I'd have to say I agree with Boy'dup

It isnt all that cool to speed, it is putting yourself and others at risk everytime you do it, and the limits are there for exactly that reason!

haha that made me laugh Picola! and whoops, hope i haven't started an argument!

well i don't know exactly where it was, I was driving into London and there were roadworks...

i'm thinking there was a temporary speed limit in place that my SatNav didn't remind me of!! Grrrr.

Thanks for the info Unheard, hopefully Diamond will be sympathetic! :rolleyes:

but i dont announce it, its not cool to speed. limits are there for a reason, any time your speeding you put yourself and others at risk

i didnt post a new topic saying haha i didnt get caught speeding did i?

was just replying to the topic, the women got flashed and i was saying that ive never heard back from mine so she might be alright, i know its not cool to speed it was the first day i got my car, very late at night (ealry in morning), no cars about and wanted to see how the sports pulled.

That might not be strictly true. If the Police can prove they posted in good time for the NIP to be delivered by day 14 (they assume next day for first class), they should still be able to pursue the summary conviction.

As for points affecting insurance, they do put premiums up every year your insurance company asks about them during their period of validity. Even though points should be removed after the 4 year aniversary, the insurers may have a five year period of declaration.

Another thing to note is that spent points showing on a licence may also affect premiums negatively as they are proven poor driving history. If you have some that can be removed, send your licence off to be updated.

In one sentence "i dont announce that i speed", then in the next "its not cool to speed". Bit hypocritical dont you think? :coffee:

I always thought the NIP had to be dated within 14 days of the offence taking place , then once it had been received which could be after that period anyway you had a set time to send it back to them ?

could be wrong though.