Straight through exhaust

DarkStryder360

Yup, i was offered a straight though on my GTi but refused as my A3 used to set car alarms off it was so loud :wacko: I have to admit though, it was a Powerflow system and sadly id say a good 80% of their clientelle are chavs.

Any custom exhuast place will fabricate a straight though for you :)

I loved having a straight thru pipe on my Corrado.

Apparently the flames looked quite cool, and it sound 10x faster than it actually was.

Going for a little side exit from behind the front wheel on the G cos my current exhaust was welded by a blind man.

I loved having a straight thru pipe on my Corrado.

Apparently the flames looked quite cool, and it sound 10x faster than it actually was.

Going for a little side exit from behind the front wheel on the G cos my current exhaust was welded by a blind man.

need a workin engine before you can make a sound mate :blush:

depends on the aplication, you Do need a element of back pressure for town driving, but a charged engine or something that is bouncing off the rev limiter everywhere it goes will benefit..

mine is modest. 2 1/2 straight through with 2 boxes

Still couldnt keep up with you though :(

Flames ftw.

I LOVED that Corrado, it was so bad it was good, the noise it was made was brilliant.

Planning on pretty much having open pipes on the G, just a bit of pipe from the manifold to deflect the gases/flames from the underside of the car like you see on yank dragsters. Should be quite loud... lol!

by strait thu do you mean just loose the center box? so you just got a cat and back box?

Manifold straight trough into 2 small silencers.....

I had a VR Rado with a straight through, it sounded amazing but lost torque on the rollers....

When I charged it that exhaust went back on....

So if its not forced induction dont do it unless you just want it to be loud....

:coffee:

• 2 weeks later...

Well i finally made a video of mine, and now since looking at the vid i can now see that it's burning oil. Anyway, this gives an idea of a raceland, decat, no center section and a standard backbox. I promise it sounds better from inside the car with a little raspiness on gear changes.

Cheers

Pete

th_Exhaust1.jpg

Edited by Tallika_Fan