***The Official Premier League thread***

Adam

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More interestingly, who's gonna go down?

I'm saddened to think it, but I think Newcastle are gonna go down.

I think Middlesbrough are dead and buried - their run of games is tough. West Brom have some big games but they could pick up points, and being mates with Tony Mowbray's brother makes me want them to stay up (almost a second team to me).

If Newcastle go down it'll be another Leeds :(

I ****ing hate Mike Ashley for what he's done. Fat Fred started it years ago by sacking Sir Bobby, but Mike Ashley took the piss with King Kev and Dennis Wise.

I think they can stay up, but they need to get something from Chelsea, even just a draw, they have a reasonable goal difference compared to clubs around them, so... fingers crossed...

• 1 month later...

Relegation decider tomorrow?

My shift partner who is a hardcore Boro fan reckons it's gonna be a 'public execution' for Boro tomorrow night at St James but I'm not so sure. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Newcastle practically relegate Middlesbrough (only thing better would be relegating Sunderland) but I can see it being 0-0.

I can't wait to go to the match tomorrow, the atmosphere will be electric! Whoever loses will be going down and i can't see it being 0-0 as both teams need to win, therefore they will both be going for it.

West Brom will finish 18th, Hull 19th and the Smoggies bottom.

Howay the Toon!

I can easily see it being 0-0. Middlesbrough can't score for ****, and we aren't exactly banging them away at the moment. Boro will pack the midfield and make it hard for us to break them down, then probably aim to get us on the counter attack when our defense is typically at it's worst!

I'm sure Shearer will get the team motivated though, if he can't, then who can? Southgate has it all to do in my opinion, a young inexperienced team is going to have it's work cut out in a packed St James Park!

Lucky you getting tickets Adam, I can't afford it myself. I will be watching via the interwebs though! :ninja:

Both teams are terrible in front of goal, they have been most of the year, but it's got to change sometime (i hope for our sake anyway!).

The way i look at it, if we don't win tomorrow we deserve to go down as our fate has been put back into our own hands thanks to Stoke City. Plus we have only won 6 games all year which is the fewest in the league.

The only decent thing this season that has happened at SJP is signing Sebastien Bassong, he is easily one of the best young centre halfs in the league. He will be a full French international for the 2010 World Cup i reckon.

As for the ticket, i've got a season ticket unfortunately lol. Which means come rain or shine i'm there watching them and it's the worst i can remember it ever being.

Edited by Adam

If it got the likes of Smith, Viduka (out of contract), Geremi and Duff off the books then so be it. Those four get £240,000 per week between them and what have they done all season? Sweet FA.

We have some great youngsters coming through who would have the determination to impress in a black and white top instead of just picking 60k a week up and being injured for the majority of the season like some of the above.

Watch Viduka and Duff score tomorrow and i will be calling them heroes haha!

I cant believe the outcome of Arsenal-Chelsea today. In my opinion Arsenal played a much better game than Chelsea and other than the Arsenal home goal and Malouda's extremely lucky in the right place at the right time goal they should no way have lost 4-1. Arsenal had loads of chances but i guess Walcott's inexperience got the better of him with chance after chance thrown away.

Anyone else got opinions of the game ??

OMFG! Worst possible start...ever! But that just added to the excitement. I told you it wouldn't be 0-0!! Lol.

I was so proud tonight, the lads gave absolutley everything. The Duke, Bassong, Taylor, Beye, infact everybody played well and gave there all. The atmosphere was electric and i think i'm losing my voice!

More of the same on Saturday lads, minus the own goal.

I cannot wait for Saturday, hopefully we can get 3 points and then we should be safe. It is going to be tough though, but if we play like we did last night and the atmosphere is as intense as it was then its a big possibility, plus Fulham aren't the best away from home.

We are the geordies, the geordie boot boys, oh we are mental, oh we are mad, we are the loyalist football supporters, the World has ever had...

• 1 month later...
So whos your bets on this season???

Is there going to be any teams left???? At the rate Man City are buying up Premiership players and other leagues, they'll be no league just inter house games at Man City's ground :lol: