Saved over £200

Alex_225

By taking out my insurance with the same bloody company!

Got my renewal through to insure the Loop and it was over £550. Which I thought was a bit steep considering I'm 26 and although only having 2 years no claims as being a named driver until I was 23, it seemed steep.

Did a quote online and it came down to a little over £300. £47 a month down to £28 all with the same insurance company. Where's the sense in that! :lol:

By taking out my insurance with the same bloody company!

Got my renewal through to insure the Loop and it was over £550. Which I thought was a bit steep considering I'm 26 and although only having 2 years no claims as being a named driver until I was 23, it seemed steep.

Did a quote online and it came down to a little over £300. £47 a month down to £28 all with the same insurance company. Where's the sense in that! :lol:

yes im in the process of changing over im a named driver at the moment with quinn and paying about 170 a month TPFT yet churchill will insure me as a named driver fully comp for less than 500 a year y is there such a begg difference between companys

I have heard that with renewals they tend to just send out a price and hope people will just go along with it.

My mum'd renewal came in at £1,100 from £350! WTF. She ended up getting it for under £350 from the same company.

I did a few online quotes and Elephant was still the cheapest online so I saved the quote and phoned em and gave em the details, they just changed my renewal to the cheaper one. No change of cover, just cheaper than their renewal.

I was previously with Tesco, when it came to renewal they quoted the exact same price as the previous year. Thinking that I must be able to get it a bit cheaper with a year no claims, I started looking around again. Im now with Halifax insurance, £200 cheaper. Phoned Tesco so they didnt auto renew and they offered to reduce their quote by £150 and give me £50 in Tesco vouchers!!! Always shop around!

this happened aswell to me this year i was gonna take my renewal price cos it was the cheapest, but i had missed the renewal date and they reqouted me even cheaper by over £150, insurance really are robbing lovely persons

Aye, they just try their look. Pisses me off because it makes me not want to stay with them when they're obviously just trying to scam you, but they're all the same anyway, so the ones you change to will try to con you at renewal time anyway.

this is normal they have been doing that for many years as standard practice. you count as a new customer by applying for quote yourself instead of accepting renewal, in a similar way if you get roadside assistance, always do AA/RAC alternate years and get nearly half price, and haggle aswell.

all i can say is check the small print ;)

it'll be something small like ncb protection or legal cover that is less as a new customer as companies change all the time.

where i work customers can go online but the cover is ALOT less, ring the centre and ask what the difference is between the two (they have to tell you so you can make an informed decision)

check things like milage , overnight location and add on's on your renewal- they might have changed these

Spoke with the insurers, there are no differences.

Don't have protected no claims, I did the first quote online myself so know what the details of that are, mileage, locations etc. Just goes to show that they try to pull a fast one and assume you'll just carry on paying it monthly and not notice the fact that they're charging well over what you could be paying.

Companies (especially Banks and Insurers) reward loyal customers by pulling their pants down and shoving a watermelon up their arses.

Then charging them for the watermelon.

Thing to watch with paying by Direct Debit is that when it comes to renewal it will automatically renew, so be very careful when you receive the renewal letter because unless you say it otherwise, it will just start taking the higher (if it goes up) payments from your bank!

the other half works in insurance so staff discount for me, i was paying under 300 on a puma racing before i swapped it over to the lupo , now its just over 200 fully comp protected

i work in insurance and the only thing im gonna say is that you may find your excesses have gone up! so make sure you read properly before you buy! had a guy the other day who wrote off his m3 and he didn realise his excesses were so high until he made the claim, he paid out over 3 grand in excesses. i know its a different case all together hgas if he can afford an m3 he can afford that but you know what im getting at! lol

Also check the level of indemnity

When I started driving it was typically £1m

Nowadays it's typically £100,000. I know my Elephant policy on the VRS is like this (probably why it's so cheap).

Imaging driving into the back of a day-old Aston Martin and writing it and your car off. You may well find yourself out of pocket...

When changing car halfway through my policy last year from a smart for2 fully comp to the lupo the wanted an extra £50 from me, the original policy cost £1900 fully comp, with £350 voluntary excess, then renewal time last year came around... they wanted over £2k for the lupo?! found the cheapest policy would be RAC with the same level of cover and excess at £1400, gave em a call and got it down to £700, as i said i was a student, owned the car but my mum drove it most of the week and i drive it less often as im away from home and hence the car most of the time... and im still the policy holder, getting more ncb... so obviously was happy as larry with that result! just goes to show what they can accommodate if you ask =D

Pandy, they've actually just renewed my policy but using the details I put in online and took that quote. Absolutely no change to the policy, in fact my excess has come down from a voluntary £350 to £250!! lol

Its still cheaper to get them to insure the Lupo fully comp putting the value in at £4k than it was for my old Clio 3rd party only with it valued at £900!