Lupo GTI Wins Class C Dunlop Sport Maxx Championship

SimonH

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know i have won the Class C Championship of the Dunlop Sport Maxx Championship in the Lupo, Thruxton this weekend i had a Second in race one with fastest lap which was enough to put me out of reach of any of the other class c cars with Rockingham and Race 2 still to go. In Race 2 i had a win and fastest lap, beating a Pug 106 GTI by more than 30 seconds! Not sure if i will do the final round at Rockingham end of this month or put the money into bits for the car for next year.

Cars the lupo has beaten to win Class C:

Alfa 147

Mini Cooper

Pug 106 GTI

Fiat Punto HGT

Cheers for all the support and comments at Edition 38!

Simon

Simon you are a legend! Well done matey. I had a look at your website and I havent forgotten our conversation about the stack clocks in the mk2. Thanks for coming over and speaking to me at E38. I will be in touch but Im still trying to get the TT dials working. Go to Rockingham, win and spend more money on the Lupo! PM sent.

Thanks for all the support and congrats, much appreciated.

Main differences cup car to GTi are:

Steel Doors, Bonnet, wings on Cup car (was the pre launch model before the gti was launched)

Originally cup cars had the 1400 polo engine fitted (mine now has a std Lupo 1600)

due to 1400 they were cable throttle and clutch

Front brake disks are larager than standard and front and rear are grooved no handbrake, but has one now.

Uprated rear anti rollbar

F&R front adjustable coilover shocks and Bilstein rears

Full 6 point cage

Kevlar race seat with 6 point harness

Extinguisher

K&N Air filter

Manifold back Magnex exhaust

Oz Race wheels

Obviously the car is stripped out with some weight removed (currently car weighs 890kg with 1 ltr of fuel

I think thats most of the differences, my car runs with a full datalogging and dash display also, but this was fitted by me later

so basically if i strip out my gti i'll have a cup car once i uprate the brakes??

And downgraded the Alu panels, and moved your battery to the engine bay.. etc etc..

Anyway, only factory Cup cars are Cup cars.

Often imitated, never duplicated ;)