People with odd cars

Mouse_GTI

always fairly common to see top range models driven by OAPs. They go to the dealer and often have plenty to spend, not doing much milage so the engine size isn't usually an issue but they want the air-con, electric seats and bells and wistles so go with the top of the range one the dealer has in stock which also happens to be the gti/wrx ppp/evo/ boy racer special :)

used to be vanderplas and ghia ranges to cope with this effect, top luxury spec but with the boring looks and non-sporty image, top of the range is almost always the sporty version now though - think renault and skoda still do those weird luxury special eddions though (roland garos and sombody and klement lol).

Edited by Crusoe

50-60 year old bloke driving a metallic pink kia

and an old couple in a top spec. Civic type-R

ka with pink fluffy interior things driven by a midle age bloke... i giggled :)

also tend to giggle at middle age fat people in cars like tt's

Blatantly daddy taking the car for its MOT

The best i have seen was an old lady looked about 75-80 driving a

106 Rally hammered passed my dad and he was doing 90 at the time

we caught up with her later down the road and she had white lace

driving gloves on, it made my day i could not stop laughing.

You're right Crusoe, you can always spot the old couple that have been sold the wrong, but more expensive car at the dealership! :lol:

There used to be a women in her 70's around my area that screwed her c200 komp around all the time it was so fkin funny to see!

Theres also a guy in his 50's or 60's whos had a honda prelude for a couple of years and now a brand new civic type R" but there is never a spec of dirt on it. its always spankingly clean!

Edited by 2001gti

Funniest thing ever.....

My Mum, 55 at the time. Driving a XR2i down the A1, The Smiths blaring out of the stereo, blatently speeding (about 90), when she over took a traffic cop. The cop pulled along side her, looked over, laughed and waved her on. By this time she had slowed to 80.

The thing that makes me laugh is, The Smiths were on as she couldnt work out how to change the CD player. Strangely enough it was a tape.

Another one near me, 70ish yr old bloke with a flat cap, driving a brand new R32 or the lad that looks 10 who drives around in a mint Red lambo.... i hate them both :P

I bouth my Arosa from an 67 year old man. He hade the Arosa as a wintercar and hade a Honda CRX del sol from 93?! As a summercar :) A quite interesting fella with a lot of Ferrari and Maseratis in his past.

/R

Theres a silver corsa around these part with pink wheels, huge pink playboy bunny on the bonnet, whole interior is fluffy pink crap, just generally pink crap hanging off it everywhere, and a young guy drives it which is even worse :lol:

There's a bmw mini in Dumfries, black with a silver sticker on the back window that reads "BALD PUSSY" quite a rarity. Probably a reason for it's rareness though.

Noticed a CTR being driven by a woman, must have been well into her 70s. She parked in a space next to me in a supermarket. THe honda looked in great condition apart from a couple of curbed wheels.

Im not sure if its often a case of the dealer misleading them into thinking this is the best spec car you can buy, we will do you a great deal - so they buy it. Or that its just their choice.

Afterall your only as old as you feel, if you feel 20 inside, why not have a lairy car!

Well the CTR is often regarded as 'the drivers' car maybe the old feela just likes 'real' cars .. but again this was a top spec model : leather, big factory wheels, xenons etc.

spotlessly clean too

No you must be mistaking me for someone else as my dog is called Ghillie.

:P

Silver! you,ve sitting there since lunchtime waiting to say that haven't you :lol: quality

Silver! you,ve sitting there since lunchtime waiting to say that haven't you :lol: quality

Yes, but not quite just sitting. I have cleaned the inside of the GiT, taken the dog for a walk and cooked dinner. I also put some stickers on my car, but if anyone can find them at the weekend I'll give them a prize!! :rolleyes:

I actually thought it would be Clairey who answered first.

I saw a very odd car today.

An anthracite Lupo GTI heading North up the M6 in a hurry. Surely it should've been going south to E38.

I also saw an 08 registered Lupo SE.

theres a black slammed to the floor polo where i live and the first time i saw it i followed behind and came beside it at traffic lights to see the rest and it was a 40ish old woman with a pink fluffy steering wheel cover! she looked like someone out of the wrong area in eastenders, made me laugh though coz i slowed down at the speedbumps and she overtook and booted off scraping her sum to shreds!

a few times if seen some like 80 year old women driving around a toyota supra... a realy nice silver one... i was confused... and i saw her again. .but with a 30 year old bloke in the passenger seat.. how embarrassing.. getting drove by an old women in a supra lol..