My Good Deed for the Day

VinnyGTI

Morning All,

Was driving home from my Girlfriend's House and i was behind this silver Astra and i noticed that the number plate looked a bit dodgy. The guy had put black tape making it look like different letters and numbers. I said to my Girlfriend that i bet thats going to go to a petrol station and fill up and do 'un. So it pulled out of the junction and i pulled out too, and low and behold it went into a petrol station! i followed it in and went in to the shop and the Astra went and filled up. I told the lass behind the counter - she was the only one working, i said you want to watch out for that car and pointed at it, she said why? i said cause it has black tape covering half the letters and she went oh, she jotted down the number plate that she saw and stopped the pump.

The guy who was filling up realised that no more fuel was pumping he closed the petrol cap and drove off! i knew it, the lass behind the counter saw it and rang the Police straight away and i gave her the details of the car. i said that it was a silver astra and that it was a 1.6 - cause it said. i gave my details to her just in case the Police needed to get more info from me. The lass said Thanks very much and this guy said well done. i was like no worries.

They filled up about £26.00 worth of petrol. The police are now involved and they petrol station was BP so they had loads of CCTV!

they were really thankful - made my day.

So what was your good deed of the day, or what's the nicest thing you have done to help someone?

Thanks for reading,

Vinny!

The strangest good deed i have ever done was drive someone 20 miles after they were stranded.

the train came in late and the bus had stopped running. Didnt know the guy and it was way out of my way

but i though what the heck i will enjoy the drive. It was late at night so it didn't take long but he could not thank

me enough.

Oh and about 2ish weeks ago i stopped and helped a guy with a VW camper, he had it jacked up and it looked quite nice so

i thought id give a hand if i could. He could not find out where the nasty sound was coming from when he went round corners,

i told him it sounded like a wheel baring, we took it of and it was totalled so i squirted tuns of grease in it so he could get to

somewhere to get the part. He was off spain in it 2 days after. will have to ring him to see alls ok now

I picked up a hitchhiker once from outside a train station, the poor girl was standing there in the middle of the night.

Threw her bags into the back of the Lupo and took her home, she'd travelled the world being a cocktail waitress in New York, an office worker in San Francisco and all manner of other jobs. So I take her home, only to realise that her dad owns a massive hotel and gives us loads of free wine for bringing her back!

Vinny, you forgot to mention that this probably happens every 5 minutes in Keighley!!

Wow, some good deeds. Heartagram - Thats a nice thing to do, i'd do the same lol!

Your right, it probably does happen in Keighley all the time but this happened it Sutton/Crosshills!! Nothing happens there!! :lol:

Vinny

I help cool people down all the time when there's puddles everywhere and they look like they could be a bit hot

as for bilking a mate of mine used to do it in a chaved clio with graphics all over it (o easily recognisable) with police car number plates and double sided tape he once got pulled with me in t car they searched the car for number plates but didn't look under his sub box in his boot the police will never catch em couldn't catch a cold in winter

The VW dealer in stockport told me about people drillin into audi petrol tanks because there plastic. B@stards!

I was not involved nor did I know nyone who did this.. but.

The old mk2 Astra has the fuel lines along the o/s of the car.

People used to snip it, and steel the petrol that way round!