My Polo G40 > M45 > ?

LiamD

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it will have a timing belt on this weekend or the weekend after to assess the damage

Adele, I think I know what you mean. Something I'm looking to do to mine this winter :)

Pity they aren't mine :lol:

They are my mates BBS RS' for his Mk2 20vT that the guys in the shop are building.

My car is having some epic work done to it. If there's piston damage from the cambelt snapping I'll be going for all new internals and BVH conversion. :)

After seeing that pic I think I need some 14" BBS RMs :lol:

The G40's seriously living up to it's name Liam!! :(

Yep! This Winter's shopping list totals about 4k, including labour.

Haha Bless it!

Should have got a GT buddy, there bullet proof.... touch wood haha x

Mine is a GT.

Yep... scary when I think about it! That compromises of an engine rebuild to a higher spec, various suspension bits, a LSD, and the labour to fit it.

How much does your fella say he spends on his? I wouldn't tell my Mrs (if I had one) the truth on how much I spend on these things! :P

I love the BBS... can't believe I'm saying that, but I really want a set for it now. If I didn't have these engine issues I'd be looking around for a set of RMs in 14 or 15" flavour. :)

Yep! This Winter's shopping list totals about 4k, including labour.

Pah 4K!, do it yourself! save a packet and do it yourself. G40 engines are a peice of cake, theres nothing to them! just helped rebuild one myself.

John

Pah 4K!, do it yourself! save a packet and do it yourself. G40 engines are a peice of cake, theres nothing to them! just helped rebuild one myself.

John

Majority of that budget is parts John :)

No more G40 engine anyway

Wanna know what happened to mine in full?

8 bent valves (although one is still unaccounted for)

4 smashed pistons

1 smashed cylinder head

It's pretty much a total loss.

Going back to drawing board now and it will be the fastest, or certainly one of the fastest FWD Mk3 Polos. The deadline is Edition 38 2010 :)

8 bent valves (although one is still unaccounted for)

4 smashed pistons

1 smashed cylinder head

It's pretty much a total loss.

ouch...

lose from it

learn from it

make it win

good things to come though by the sounds of it.

Indeed. It's game over for this year, but I'll post some pictures up of what progress is made :)

I don't want to let too much out as obviously nothing is set in stone but I have an aim!

You only live once, and I have the rest of my life to repay debts! ^_^

As much as I hate to say this... RIP Eugene. :(

After going to see the car today and having a chat with Andy and Andy, we came to the conclusion it isn't worth taking the car any further. The brief idea was a space-frame front end with a 20vT engine. It was dubious to whether this would pass an engineers inspection and it would not be an ideal road car. The shell isn't the best and as such I've decided to break it to fund a new project with some proper big BHP.

So if anyone wants any bits then gimme a shout. The engine can be rebuilt but it would not be cheap, the gearbox is spot on, obviously there is the charger too and the conversion kit. Or I'll swap the whole lot as it sits for a petrol engined Mk4 Polo saloon.

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. :(

If I'm honest... it probably did contribute to it. The kit has a serious issue with the belt being out of alignment and the tension on the belt. It's very easily sorted too, which annoys me, I'll make sure anyone who buys the kit gets it fitted by Andy and Andy who know exactly what needs doing. It was a rushed job in my opinion.

I've found the base car for my next project so I'm hoping parts sell quickly. :lol: