Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

Well hurry up! This is my third favourite Lupo in the world ever!!

:D

lol third favourite :D woop woop

hopefully going to edition if i can get the time off work

update very soon

• 2 months later...

only a small update, haven't done much to the lupo since the summer. Been trying to rebuild some funds after the new interior. Followed 99hjhm's guide to fitting the LCR splitter today (excellent guide BTW) only took around 20 minutes and it really makes a difference. Was a bit dark when i finished so no pictures, will take some tomorrow in the light.

Winter mods are on there way :) got the car booked in for some more body work to get the paint work completely perfect-

Re-smooth and respraying the tailgate (the filler has sunk slightly plus i dont like my rear VW badge being no the car), having the glass removed this time and having it sprayed inside and out. Also having new rear screen,

Brand new spoiler being fitted and smooth to tailgate (original has the dreaded water damaged around the brake light strip),

A-pillars being sprayed due to a BIG stone chip,

Complete roof being sprayed again due to stone chips at the top of the window screen

Rear quarters being sprayed as well

Got a few other bits planned, depending on cash :/

Pictures of the LCR splitter tomorrow :)

Alex

Oh yeah....duh.....forgot that!

lol the handle has already gone along with the badge recess (i put a passat VW badge in its place) the badge will be removed as i regretted putting it on almost straight away

• 2 weeks later...

hey bro this is a long shot

by any chance do u still have those steffan wheels??

I think he sold them to a guy called Robgti on here. wink.gif

Liking this lots, Great looking Gti :shades:

thankyou :)

11 days and counting til he goes into the body shop. just bracing myself for the inevitable hole that will appear in my bank account after... the things we do lol

hopefully will get plenty of pics up of the work and some little new mods:)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so it went into the bodyshop on Monday to get the paint work sorted ready for UD in March. The main points being addressed are-

1) Sunken boot; crap job on the boot smoothing (been told by my guy that the plate wasnt even welded in place!!!) so I'm having it all dug out, lead loaded and plate welded. Rear glass has been removed and complete tailgate will be resprayed inside and out before having new glass fitted

2) New GTI spoiler with smoothed LED strip, my original suffered from the dreaded water damaged and also a few air pockets and bubbles in the paint.

3) Roof respray; the car has a couple of stone chips along the top of the roof where it meets the windscreen so having the those sorted

4) A-pillars also being sprayed due to a large stone chip on the drivers side, this will be blown down the length of the car and also into the rear quarters

Sunday night I began sorting the car ready to take in on the Monday, the glass has already been removed on the Saturday so was just a case of removing the spoiler and the aerial.

bodyprep2.jpg

bodyprep1.jpg

bodyprep3.jpg

bodyprep4.jpg

should have some more photos of the work i can post put later in the week :)

Edited by fatttty

yeah all original colour. dropped into check on it this morning. The boot had been resmoothed and sprayed along with the new spoiler. The roof and a-pillars had been prepped ready for doing. Should be back by Friday, spend the weekend putting everything back and doing some little mods :)

bit off topic but i think i've seen u driving about the wolverhampton area a few times, cars looking sweeeeeet.

i'm driving a moon silver gti aswell, having mine resprayed early feb.

I've seen it too, in Sainsburys petrol station on the Beechdale and also ripping through Rushall by McDonalds! ;-)

I reversed my loop into a post last week so looking for somewhere to get it painted, my husband went mad! My dad says he knows a place in Pelsall thats good, can I ask where yours is being painted?

I've seen it too, in Sainsburys petrol station on the Beechdale and also ripping through Rushall by McDonalds! ;-)

I reversed my loop into a post last week so looking for somewhere to get it painted, my husband went mad! My dad says he knows a place in Pelsall thats good, can I ask where yours is being painted?

yeah that'll be me, i live on cavendish park; 'the new beechdale' lol!

i used Brownshore Motors, its round the back of Graingers Builders merchant. Baz the guy doing it is excellent really top bloke a perfectionist. He normally paints moto gp bikes all free hand, no stencils he really is good. Not the cheapest but best work ive seen around here.