Petrol shortages.

Devon

Popped into Whickham services on the way home to top up the A3, nothing special just my usual £15. Couldn't get in the place it was chocka. People queing to get to a pump and the diesel pumps already with sold out signs on them.

Why do the majority of brits act this way?

It's a four day strike for the love of god.

The poor old bird serving was gutted as she thought they were going to sell out before she filled up on her way home :lol:

More petrol madness will follow no doubt.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bloomin' ridiculous, its only like 1 in 10 garages that won't have any. I've never filled up because there was going to be a strike and so far I've never ran out.

exactly, i was running on fumes tonight, didnt think it would be busy at 11 o'clock so went to get some on my way home! i cued for a good 30mins!!!!!! stupid!

i filled up both cars... just because i wanted to add to the panic..... :shades:

Petrol V power is £1.25 a litre now..... Honda takes £55 worth of that... The Passat takes £65 of normal unleaded..... I have never spent £120 on petrol in one day before.... Kind of drums it home! if you excuse the pun....

Petrol V power is £1.25 a litre now..... Honda takes £55 worth of that... The Passat takes £65 of normal unleaded..... I have never spent £120 on petrol in one day before.... Kind of drums it home! if you excuse the pun....

That will teach you to add to the panic then won't it. :lol:

We filled the Beeza up last week with derv and I got petrol yesterday easy-peasy for the Fez yesterday at Asda.

Have you seen the average pay of the Shell drivers £37k a year and they rejected 7%. Greedy sods. I kinda think that their union was ready to ditch their cause, but I could be wrong on that.

Oh well, it's the 70's all over again.

bp and texaco pay there drivers 37k a year day shift and 43k nights

wow thats a lot of money.... for a job that requires no Intelligence. They are getting paid more than some lawyer friends of mine!

Guest Lauryn
wow thats a lot of money.... for a job that requires no Intelligence. They are getting paid more than some lawyer friends of mine!
^^ that was my point of view until you consider a 48hr week and the fact your driving around in a big ass bomb. You dont just walk into that job.

^^ that was my point of view until you consider a 48hr week and the fact your driving around in a big ass bomb. You dont just walk into that job.

I know a lorry driver... He is thick as pig poo.....

I am running things worth millions and millions of pounds.... my basic is not far off that.....

yeah, its just to bring them in line with what other fuel tanker drivers are being paid......a few shell drivers have been saying that the figure of 36k is not what they get its more like 31.5k but overtime brings there wages up and working days off....where as bp/ texaco can pay alot more for just a basic week.

Im still continuing putting two litres into the tank' each day and paying on the credit card.

Got a funny look on Friday after queing up for £2.28 worth of petrol LOL

I could get the train to work in the mornings... it would cost me £2.65 return... or i could drive the car with the roof down and get a nice tan! :lol: