Petrol shortages.

Devon

I'm on my mountain bike today, testing out my Conti GPs. Very narrow, almost Euro!

I might have posted this before, but this site is quite interesting.

electric motorcycles

Not too expensive either at the moment with the £/$ exchange rates (plus shipping).

Edited by IDGM

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, funny, it must be catching. I also took my bike in to work today for the first time that I can remember. My main reason for not doing so in the past is the lack of a shower at work. However it's certainly no epic ride, so I don't build up much of a sweat.

Only reason I'm doing it this week is because I'm trying to get maximum miles from a GTI tank, and short journeys don't help.

I have a feeling soon enough we'll be seeing more "No Fuel" at service stations.

Travelling on the A30/M5 in South West this morning, every petrol station had no fuel. They were even putting up the motorway warnings "J30 SERV NO FUEL."

Panic buying really annoys me. Typical Joe Public, being selfish and only thinking of himself. My not so local Shell was totally empty, and closer to home Esso was all out too. I went round the corner to Total which had plenty of fuel, probably because it had no customers!

I only put half a tank in mind, and I'm going to try and make it last :huh:

Its human nature I am afraid. Tell people not to panic and they panic. Tell them not to buy fuel and they buy fuel. When the Government tell you not to buy fuel you definitely go and get some quickly. Remember that we are only two meals or three days, depending on who you believe (CIA or MI5), away from anarchy.

I am lucky as I cycle to work usually but had to do a 45 mile round trip today for work and people have really slowed down on the motorways. What was also noticeable was the levels of traffic were much lower than normal. All good news as far as I am concerned but sometimes I am a selfish human.

If every single honeybee vanished off the planet, we'd have but 4 days until humankind was wiped off the planet.

That's why I keep one in a jar next to my bed.

I guess the same is true for fuel, either stock up or lose out. Surely that's not panic buying, it's just being ready?

My local shell ran out on Saturday. They're reserving the remainder for the emergency services. I have no petrol. Hopefully they got some in today.

If every single honeybee vanished off the planet, we'd have but 4 days until humankind was wiped off the planet.

Where do you get all this bullshit from?

Where do you get all this bullshit from?

only one of the greatest minds ever on this earth to grace us with it's knowledge in order to further our understanding of the world around us.

Albert Einstein, thats where all that bullshit comes from