£80 for the standard Dunlop Sport S2000

£80 is way too much, on the basis that so is £20. I carnt believe VW fitting them as standard tyres, utter rubbish!

Tyre prices do seem on the up recently, so its probably an ok price, but look what else there is available, they must be the worst!

Toyos seem popular on here, although i have some on my arosa (albeit not the same tread as the GTi ones) and id say they are an average tyre, but way way better than the dunplops, as ive had those too.

Yokos or goodyears are probably your best bet.

You could always save a few £s and get more choice by going for 195/45/15s too.

I ended up paying £235 for two Dunlops last September :angry2: They were on back order at the time and had great difficulty sourcing any - eventually found two at a tyre wholesaler but was held to ransom! Not really too bothered about the price of tyres as I got 16,000 miles out the front two and I only do 5,000 / 5,500 a year (if I were changing them every year then I might be a bit p'd off).

Toyo t1-r's are fantastic tyres you just chew through a set in 6 months when theyre on the front that works out at about £420 a year on tyres..............not good. Ive been bad and temporarily gone down to 195/45/15 tyres to try and find more options so currently wearing Kumho ecsta's and theyre damn good and cheaper too.

Toyo t1-r's are fantastic tyres you just chew through a set in 6 months when theyre on the front that works out at about £420 a year on tyres..............not good. Ive been bad and temporarily gone down to 195/45/15 tyres to try and find more options so currently wearing Kumho ecsta's and theyre damn good and cheaper too.