Project GTI - Mmmm carbon .......

elliecjno1

Looks brill, only thing I'd do myself is trim the rear headrests down so they sit flush.. but apart from that :wub:

You read my mind. We mocked them up before we had them trimmed but were undecided so left them - they made the seat look a lot fatter. Now they're all in though I wouldnt mind trying it again as the metal bars of the headrests look a little out of place.

Also forgot to mention we fitted a new Polo Gti handbrake cover...

handbrake.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a better pic of the handbrake and gaitor.

IMG_2619.jpg

Then today I got on with the pre-Ultimate Dubs detail. I took the week off to make sure I had plenty of time to detail the car with no last minute rush, but we've been so busy all week it's meant a last minute rush again and not enough time to do all the things I wanted.

There was some light swirling in the paint so after a quick wash, i got stuck in with a 4" spot pad and some Menzerna.

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

front wing...

IMG_2637.jpg

Passenger door...

IMG_2644.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just a small update. We lost a centre cap on the way up to Ultimate Dubs so a new one arrived this week. Annoyingly it arrived the day after we wanted - Gti Festival.

Schmidt.jpg

And while at Gti Spring Fest, we came away with a Top20 trophy.

DSCF5021.jpg

Hoping a few more new bits will arrive tomorrow then its off to the paint shop :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered some new induction pipes last week as we've just been using some flexi hose which does the job but doesn't look the greatest. After a trial fit, we packed it up and dropped it in for paint along with some bottle caps and some engine brackets which were looking a little rusty.

The brackets all painted...

IMG_2875.jpg

The induction pipe and new black bottle caps fitted...

IMG_2880.jpg

We had to trim part of the engine cover side to accomodate the pipework, but nothing major...

IMG_2881.jpg

And while I was stripping bits from the engine bay I decided to whip the heatshield out and polish it up. It's a bit of an improvement but its still looking a bit tired so probably going to buy a new one at some point and polish that instead

Before...

IMG_2839.jpg

After...

IMG_2910.jpg

So no problem in re-install?Thanks dude...

:D

Ah now that's a different question :-D I hope not, but I've not tried yet.

Sweet car mate, that heat shield polish up well! How long did you spend on it and what polish did you use?

Sweet car mate, that heat shield polish up well! How long did you spend on it and what polish did you use?

Probably 15mins or so. Not sure what compound it it but just one of those generic drill head attachments.

This car has me drooling! I adore the gti in black and on those rims it looks unbelievable. Great job on the detailing too!

Thanks guys. Really wasn't sure on the wheels when we first fitted them but loooove them now. Just cant decided whether to keep them at the end of the season or build something a little more special we have tucked in the garage. :s