Mike M's diary (GTI gone but A4 is here)

Mike_M

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nothing major to update, but have now removed the red piping round the upper and lower grills and took the black badge off the grill and replaced with the original.

Still looking for a pair of Recaro front or rear headrests..........otherwise the car is complete and is still floating with being moved on or staying, but time will say!

Will add some fresh pictures over the weekend :)

NOTE: Still making the shark fin aerials on request.

• 1 month later...

The last couple of days I have been playing with some real carbon fibre so decided to attach my engine cover. Its not finished yet but coming along nicely:

Took the cover apart to gain access the central panel and put resin on it and let it become tacky :

1.jpg

Next I added a piece of 2x2 twill carbon fibre to the panel:

2.jpg

and moulded it to the part:

3.jpg

put one coat of resin on top and let it go off over night before I cut the excess off@

4.jpg

a few more coats on:

5.jpg

6.jpg

Letting this go off hard before I wet and dry sand smooth and add a clear coat to it, before putting all back together.

More pics tomorrow :)

would have been easier making a mould of that, then you can slap the clear coat into the mold then wait till tacky then stick the carrbon on then a few coats of resin..it woulda saved the hassle of having to wet and dry it and smmoth the finish off

• 2 weeks later...