Mike M's diary (GTI gone but A4 is here)

Mike_M

I got a large boot roll from Lidl's of all places for £4 a couple of weeks ago and it was a pretty good match, and more than enough to do the seats.

Used some Unibond Impact spray glue on both surfaces.........waiting a min and then shapped/trimmed the carpet to finish off.

About an hours job and the boot looks loads better and no idea why they did not do it from factory........other than cost.

I got a large boot roll from Lidl's of all places for £4 a couple of weeks ago and it was a pretty good match, and more than enough to do the seats.

Used some Unibond Impact spray glue on both surfaces.........waiting a min and then shapped/trimmed the carpet to finish off.

About an hours job and the boot looks loads better and no idea why they did not do it from factory........other than cost.

Whats it called?

Must have been cost, spotted it in Mk5 Golfs, and thought I needed it. :lol:

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mike your iPod adaptor kit, is it just a lead to and from the CD player or is it something larger?

Added some spacers on the rear and moded a Belkin USB charging port into the coin holder above the heater controls.

It turns on and off with the ignition and can charge/power anything USB.........mainly got it to power my HTC and the wifes iPhone.

Will get pics soon :)

Pics are taken wen it was dark and with a flash, but will take some in normal daylight over the weekend

The Belkin item was converted from a cig lighter insert to a wired version and it outputs 5V @ 1Amp so perfect for any USB device

1.jpg

2.jpg

I also got a retractable micro USB cable for charging purposes and it works a treat as it keeps the cable tidy when not needed......here it is at about 50% of the open length capacity

3.jpg

Champion i shall keep my eyes peeled on the bay for one.

And that looks good! Nice work.

Edited by Dazz

• 1 month later...