Mike M's diary (GTI gone but A4 is here)

Mike_M

The Passat 2002 or Late Sharan rear badges can be used and fit into the inner recess under the original hugh badge :)

No mods apart from splitting it to colour code and then stuck it back together

Edited by Mike_M

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well my car started to develop the odd misfire and gave the feeling that the power does not want to be delivered on demand and this gave the odd judder..........so as the car is just a weekend toy now since changing jobs I decided to work through the engine etc and give her a full service.

I did the usual oil and filter change, cleaned the panel filter, changed the fuel filter and so on, I bought some new VAG spark plugs and a set of new HT leads off eBay for a bargin £6 delivered :) but they are black (so what) ............took them all out and discovered that the ignition coil was quite corroded and two of the nipples broke off and stuck to the leads :(

coil3.JPG

So after a trip to GSF for a new coil which I got for a good price, that got fitted with new leads and plugs.......while it was all off, I decided to clean and paint the cam carrier with high temp paint before putting itall back together. A days work spead over an evening and morning and she is running smoother than ever now

coil2.JPG

coil1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Why thank you again :wub: almost decided to sell her last week to get a Citroen C1 as its not driven much any more.........but cant seem to do it

A Chitroen C1!!?!?!? That would be like going from a Fireblade to a Thomos Moped don't do it crazy fool!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well my brakes were starting to looka little tired and the original red paint was starting to flake and in general........look crap LOL

So I spent the weekend rubbing down and repainting with a mix of red and black paint, to get the closest match to the original GTI red. I also got a friend to cut me up some "R" graphics to go on calipers also.

Final result

brakes1.JPG

brakes2.JPG

• 3 months later...