How friendly is this forum?

neil9588

This place is crap. Actually there are no real members.

MattyB runs it and all the users are his imaginary friends!

So are you just another imaginary friend, or has he let real people in?

Enjoy!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That might explain why I feel like no one listens to me :(

No one listens to you because you are a wheel whore and have stolen all the good ones and hide them in your bedroom and various other little hidy holes around your house.

:lol:

Just to put the record straight, it wasn't my invention, just someone on UKFN who posted it and got some quite nasty replies! Just don't see why people on there seem to be so critical. IDGM summed it up really, some are friendly but most tend to be immature! Just wanted to see the comments left on this site and how they compared (funnily enough, it seems friendlier over here!)

Cheers!

this is the most unfriendly forum i have been on there are lots of mental retards on here . but i havent been on lots of car forums to compare so it could be a lot worse. the best ones for being able to be yourself are the car forums linked to commercial companies/businesses and not private forums/ car club owners etc. they dont allow abuse and are moderated . my favourite is 4car. boy the amount of diesel arguments i have had on there is great.

this is the most unfriendly forum i have been on there are lots of mental retards on here . but i havent been on lots of car forums to compare so it could be a lot worse. the best ones for being able to be yourself are the car forums linked to commercial companies/businesses and not private forums/ car club owners etc. they dont allow abuse and are moderated . my favourite is 4car. boy the amount of diesel arguments i have had on there is great.

Incorrect statement line 1:

Should read: This is the most unfriendly forum i have been on we are all mental retards on here.

this is the most unfriendly forum i have been on there are lots of mental retards on here

I hope he's joking. People have only been horrible to just a couple on here as far as I know and they have either set up on their own or been very quiet recently.

On the whole, this forum is very friendly. I've been on here well over 4 years and there's very few people on here I wouldn't like to meet in real life. There's a few people who get on my nerves, but thats going to be the case with any forum really.

I think the size of the CL camping at E38 and the effort people put in to the club stand, theme, club atmosphere etc gives a good example of how friendly a club we are!

this is the most unfriendly forum i have been on there are lots of mental retards on here .

If you don't like it, feel free to leave... :coffee:

Have a nice day.

On the whole, this forum is very friendly. I've been on here well over 4 years and there's very few people on here I wouldn't like to meet in real life. There's a few people who get on my nerves, but thats going to be the case with any forum really.

I think the size of the CL camping at E38 and the effort people put in to the club stand, theme, club atmosphere etc gives a good example of how friendly a club we are!

Have a nice day.

i knew you would say that nicki, this is an example of the unfriendliness of some of the clublupo members, so condescending. i have a brain, i can decide myself if i prefer to be somewhere else i dont need to be told repeatedly.

perfect example. and predictable.

Edited by Dark

Dark, if you brushed up on your social skills, you'd be less of a target. :coffee:

all i'm saying is that this is the most unfreindly forum i have been on, i'm not making it up, i have the same "poor social skills" on other forums but dont have any of the issues like i get from thugs on here.

Sorry but it does seem like a friendly place to be honest, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Nikki didn't tell you to go did she? She just said feel free to go if you don't like it! To me that's not unfriendly?! :blink:

Everyone has their own opinion though so I don't think people can argue with what you've said! :)

Edited by neil9588

Have a nice day.

I was made very welcome at my first Edition38 meet by young and old alike, even though I'm an old Grumpy Bugger!

Many of those who feel persecuted either take what is given as a bit of banter too seriously and then get themselves in trouble by mouthing off back, or give un-needed/warranted remarks and then don't like to be told to toe the line.

CL is generally a pretty free and easy place to be and as mentioned up there somewhere if it wasn't I, and loads of others, would visit less.

i knew you would say that nicki, this is an example of the unfriendliness of some of the clublupo members, so condescending. i have a brain, i can decide myself if i prefer to be somewhere else i dont need to be told repeatedly.

perfect example. and predictable.

I don't agree that this is an unfriendly statement, but a reality. Your comment reminds me of the Mary Whitehouse syndrome wherebye people watch something on TV that is risque (accent missing!) then complaining about it. If you don't like something, don't watch it or use it. There are many other alternatives out there.

I belong to a few forums and this is definately the best for me. I 've joined a copuple of forums which I didn't like and decided not to go back. I didn't complain. Well maybe once!

...and of course Nicki is predictable, she's an accountant! Think yourself lucky she doesn't bill you for her advice.

I was made very welcome at my first Edition38 meet by young and old alike, even though I'm an old Grumpy Bugger!

Agreed well not the grumpy old bugger thing, but at edition last year, everyone made me feel very welcome

Many of those who feel persecuted either take what is given as a bit of banter too seriously and then get themselves in trouble by mouthing off back, or give un-needed/warranted remarks and then don't like to be told to toe the line.

CL is generally a pretty free and easy place to be and as mentioned up there somewhere if it wasn't I, and loads of others, would visit less.

I don't agree that this is an unfriendly statement, but a reality. Your comment reminds me of the Mary Whitehouse syndrome wherebye people watch something on TV that is risque (accent missing!) then complaining about it. If you don't like something, don't watch it or use it. There are many other alternatives out there.

I belong to a few forums and this is definately the best for me. I 've joined a copuple of forums which I didn't like and decided not to go back. I didn't complain. Well maybe once!

...and of course Nicki is predictable, she's an accountant! Think yourself lucky she doesn't bill you for her advice.

i realise both your points about not liking something so dont experience it. my only point was that i think this club can be very unfriendly.

thats quite funny about the accountant.

Dark/Beech/whatever.

Seriously, I'm sick and tired of your constant whinging, moaning and general critisism of the members on here and how the club is run. You bring nothing to the forum other than to wind people up, you've been banned twice, have hacked an account once, and I'm not even sure why you continue to visit.

Consider this your final warning.

Edit - actually, screw it. Consider yourself banned. Any further attempts at registering will be met with the same result.

Dark/Beech/whatever.

Seriously, I'm sick and tired of your constant whinging, moaning and general critisism of the members on here and how the club is run. You bring nothing to the forum other than to wind people up, you've been banned twice, have hacked an account once, and I'm not even sure why you continue to visit.

Consider this your final warning.

Edit - actually, screw it. Consider yourself banned. Any further attempts at registering will be met with the same result.

f2_hallelujah.jpg

Matty, you're my hero! :wub:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who found the whinging too much!

Neil - you've done us a favour, trust me!

I was made very welcome at my first Edition38 meet by young and old alike.

rofl :lol: or charge for wasting bandwidth.

i hope that " old" statement is not aimed at a minority :rolleyes: .

and yeh best site i belong too, there have been some heated topics but these are usually started by the same person/ person's :rolleyes:

person...... an individual who start's a topic or comment's in one with racist remark's etc then get's a ban.

person's....... one person with many identities, one who commits many banning offences but still come's back under different name's, upon doing so returning with some good topics and then seem's to change, makes a remark and then get's shot down for making the said remark.

and usually banned again, lol

enjoy the site... no text speak, and please don't say **** or bugger.

:huh:

I almost wish I hadn't started this thread now!

I'm glad you did! Not bad for a first one.

Funny, I got locked for a bit on SeatCupra.net for criticising (sp?) the replies to a lad who had asked about dropping a 1.6 into a 1.4 Ibiza. Everone was giving it the "you should have bought a 1.6 / stick a 1.8VT in" stuff. I merely pointed out that they weren't helping his case. What a mistake! Since then though it's been OK, but they are tetchy.

Thanks!

Some forums seem to be like that though, it gets to the point where you don't go to shows because of what people are like. You all seem friendly enough though, so I may consider some vw shows this year if I can get time off work for them!