Scary spiders?

Silver!

Linz and Phantom Photon (if he's still around) are not allowed to play!

Right all you wheel whores. I have just been to the refurbishers and picked up a set of wheels.

They:

• are not rare, but no one has them on a Lupo or Arosa (I don't think!) (I hope not anyhow!)
  • are older than most members
  • have been in my garden for 2 year or more
  • are, though just refurbed, dirty! I didn't realise until I looked at the photo's

Can you guess what they are? Here's a few photographic hints...

wheel-01.jpg

wheel-02.jpg

wheel-03.jpg

wheel-04.jpg

wheel-05.jpg

wheel-06.jpg

wheel-07.jpg

wheel-08.jpg

wheel-09.jpg

wheel-10.jpg

Gone! - No 11 had too big a clue! Now replaced...

wheel-11.jpg

wheel-12.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Silver!

Thingys from an old Golf! - Too wild a guess. As I have said older than most members, and they are 5.5"/13"...

Rummage some more!

There was s a big clue in one picture. Now removed as I just Googled the clue and got a first time hit!

Edited by Silver!

Lunalupi: TARANTULA!! Am I close? :P

Correct! - Beer for you at Edition38 The 11th pic had the part no.

Philplop: Tarantulas?

Correct! - Beer for you at The Lakes Camping Extravaganza

simpo: g40 bbs ra's?

Incorrect - Lupo's are already wearing RA's.

Tigz: Are they not Audi wheels?

Incorrect - I thought the Audi Logo might be misleading, but I expected better of you.

jeyesh: Spill the beans...

is794043.jpg

heartagram: My bets on those. Spokes look all wrong to be BBS RAs!

Correct! - Worthers Original for 3rd

Lupo-Gaz: look a bit like these

52b1_1.jpg

Correct! Looked worse than those on Thursday when I dropped them off!

Jowey:

2cdbtj4.jpg

Correct!

dash: they look too small for tarantulas. hmmm give me 5 mins

Ha! Your 5 mins is up and your still wrong!

Jowey: lol lupo-gaz beat me to it

Correct! But no prize for 5th place.

Picola: Is the answer 42?

Yes and the cow lapped twice! :wacko:

dash: online etka isnt working, im goin with picola and saying 42.....

You spelt "going" wrong and an elipses has only three full stops! So incorrect!

Little Green Giant: they have an audi sign so not "tarantulas" surely? they do look like them though!

Incorrect! Down the garden path with Tigz! Especially dissapointed with you as you were, if i remember correctly, considering putting some on.

Thanks for all playing children. I'll get some full pics up once the tyres are blacked and I have waxed the wheels.

Oh! and the removed photo no 11...

wheel-11.jpg

And a Google.com search gets this site, which is quite interesting. Refers to them as "Creased 9 Spoke" If you change the number after the vw in the address between 1 and 9 and 010 you get loads of VW wheel info.

Ray

Edited by Silver!

Little Green Giant: they have an audi sign so not "tarantulas" surely? they do look like them though!

Incorrect! Down the garden path with Tigz! Especially dissapointed with you as you were, if i remember correctly, considering putting some on.

i was sure they were, just didnt realise that they would have the audi simble on them! should be cool though, ive been waiting on a guy from TSC getting back to me on a set of these, but now i dont know as they will be on yours first!

look forward to seeing how they look! :)

ben

i was sure they were, just didnt realise that they would have the audi simble on them! should be cool though, ive been waiting on a guy from TSC getting back to me on a set of these, but now i dont know as they will be on yours first!

look forward to seeing how they look! :)

ben

As I said I've had these for ages and was waiting for the rubber to wear out on the BBS RJs!

When you posted that you were thinking of them I must admit I panicked a little as my plans had been a long time in the making! Wheels, SEAT centres to fit, bolt covers, original bolts, tyres and a refurb took some time to get together!

I also like the Bottle caps, but as they come with VW badged centres think they would suiut the Lupo better than the Arosa. I do have a mint set of VW centres for these also. Shame they won't fit the GTi!!

Ray

Edited by Silver!

wow you have had them for over a year then? they should look awesome! i has thinking of just spraying them black, so they would still look different! i dunno, i probably wont now! :)

...satin black, original VW centres and black bolt covers.

Do it! You can pick them up really cheap.

They'll look totally different to mine.

Ray