the Silver Sedan!

nfbr

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You clever little tucker!!

Next task, MK6 multifunction wheel?!

I don't fancy upgrading my complete canbus system... although I recon I could do it if I really wanted to lol...

Well, Today all I can say is PHEW!!!

Got the car up on the ramps and whipped off the under tray, Removed the Turbo inlet pipe to take a look at the cold side compressor wheel on the turbo.

All the blades look in virtually perfect condition and there is absolutely no play whatsoever on the impellor shaft :) Bearings all feel nice and smooth too!

Woo, Found the cause of my "Noisy spool up"

The boost hose underneath the headlamp had broke a clip which left it half hanging out of its connector. Lucky I've got a few spare clips for these in the car, so used one of my spares and put it all back together.

Took me no more than 10 minutes to get the front bumper off the car, and the Headlight out to give me access to the pipe. Checked over all the other pipes to the front mount whilst I was in there just to make sure everything was all connected as it should be. Then took a further 10 minutes getting the car back together :)

Will road test it in the morning, Should hopefully feel a lot more lively in the morning again and a little less smokey lol.

Yay...

Sump helmut installed :)

Mate!

Do they do one for the 20v engine which would fit the 6N and Lupo?

I have 3 inch of coilovers left, Polo GTI wheels tucked in the arch and a grinder ready for the chassis leg.

Problem is the sump on this engine is quite low.

Cant afford to repair the engine!

I want a Saturday job at your place lol

Your lupo will have been a straight Earth to Earth switch for the horn, where as my original "High line" multi-function steering wheel for some reason uses a digital output to the Steering ECU as the track for the horn, So I ended up having to make up my own Steering wheel loom and using the circuit board from inside the "Cruise Control" side of the Multi-function steering wheel and hiding that up inside the Mk5 Airbag!!! Absolute nightmare took me a good few hours to figure out!

Flipping heck!

Mate!

Do they do one for the 20v engine which would fit the 6N and Lupo?

I have 3 inch of coilovers left, Polo GTI wheels tucked in the arch and a grinder ready for the chassis leg.

Problem is the sump on this engine is quite low.

Cant afford to repair the engine!

I want a Saturday job at your place lol

It'll fit onto the 20v Turbo bottom end, But you'll need to grind a section of it out so that it clears the Oil return pipe from the turbo.

I will PM you the part numbers matey!

*Edit* Empty your PM's you tool...

1x Oil pan Guard - 06A 103 660AB - £52.27 + VAT

4x Bolts - N 014 723 6 - £0.56p + VAT each

2x Gromets - 06A 103 638C - £1.57 + VAT each

2x Bushing - 06A 103 640J - £0.45 + VAT each

Total: £68.37 inc VAT!

Edited by nfbr

Latest news: Another boost leak and lots of smoke as a result :(

Still holding at 25psi so not a massive leak and the car is still effortlessly fast 40-90 in 4th gear 7 seconds.

Rolling road diagnostics coming up!

Edited by nfbr

Had a bit of a session fixing the bora today :)

New pads are now on, Hopefully no more Squeeling! Also replaced my boost hose seals and upgraded the top boost hose with this baby:

awesomepipe.jpg

Thanks to a Nigerian man who decided my beloved Bora would look better with his tyres imprinted on my rear passenger side door and my rear wheel scuffed to hell, I now have some bodywork damage on the door :( (Sideswiped me at a roundabout junction because he was in the wrong lane)

ohffs.jpg

After taking a few photos, I found myself to be very very lucky as a lot of the marks on the bodywork have tidied up quite nicely.

quarter4.jpg

quarter1.jpg

Despite the fact that the police turned upto the accident and put the Nigerian man at 100% Fault and Cause of the accident, He has decided to report the accident to his insurance as Non-Fault and told them that I drove into him.

Anyway - I decided that whilst my car is going to be going in the bodyshop for repairs as soon as my solicitors have sorted the insurance issues out, I may as well pay a little bit extra and get one small and subtle body modification done whilst they've got the paint out...

So here's what's going to be my next modification...

JSpec.jpg

It's a Japanese spec front rub strip which is the same as a GB one but with a 335mm Plate recess. I've also done a bit of handy work and cut down my old Short numberplate from the swift to fit perfectly into the 335mm slot :)

Feel for you dude!, hope you get it sorted soon,

or maybe you can do what you have always wanted? Massive body kit and have the car resprayed in orange........

Orange is good, But bodykit isn't right...

It'd have to be Chevrolet Atomic Orange though

IMG_2197.jpg

Aaaahhhhhgood evening, I just need your bank account details....

He tried asking for my Name and Address details but I wouldn't give them to him.

This whole situation is seriously bad for my mental health. I'm getting proper stressed out about this whole thing. I can't risk losing my no claims bonus just because the dick who caused the accident has decided to lie about it and blame me :(

I even have my own club lupo based witness who was in the car at the time of the accident, Police at the scene of the accident said that he was 100% at fault and he even told them that he was heading to Rochdale meaning he was most definitely in the wrong lane.

Being fitted soon...

DieselTorqueArmBush.jpg

SuperPro bushes have sent me out their new "Diesel Torque Arm bush kit" to trial for them :) A softer mount than the powerflex one currently fitted (which causes a lot of vibrations), but a harder mount than the standard ones meaning less latteral engine movement :)

Will give a report 1 week after fitting

Since it was a nice sunny day, I decided to do a little bit of preperation for it going into the bodyshop in a few weeks time and took the front rubbing strip and numberplate off today in order to clean off all the old sticky mess left behind by previously used sticky pads.

Needed to check if the bumper was going to be in good enough condition to pull off the Jap spec rubbing strip.

bumperclean.jpg

A job well done! Bumper was in great condition beneath the glue and should look great when the Jap spec rub strip is painted and fitted! Can't wait now.

Here's a few other photos I threw in for good measure:

bumperclean2.jpg

rearclean.jpg

sideclean.jpg