the Silver Sedan!

nfbr

Love those wheels.

As much as I love the CH's, I'm starting to wish I hadn't bought them.

When I got them they were a bit of a Niche or Elite product only bought by people who had good money to spend on quality products.

Since then some crappy company has done a load of replicas and they are quickly becoming just another "Over used" wheel design :(

To be 100% fair, You can tell 100% that mine aren't replicas because of the width and the concaved centre of the wheel.

I'm wondering weather I should buy a set of RH Naj200's like I initially planned and sell the CH's on!

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear the business with the nigerian is being sorted, I would comment on the diesel power but i have 55 brake so i will keep my mouth shut :).

It's still going through legal experts trying to get him to admit liability.

I hate how stuff like this can't be sorted out quicker!

Get his adresss and im sure we would be able to pursuade him otherwise :) lol.

ROFL... I've got it...

Once this is all over there'll be a dead horses head going to his door ;)

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

The insurers of the Idiot that drove into me have admitted liability on his behalf :lol:

Just got to ring my insurance now and find out if I have to pay the excess and claim it back, or weather I can just not pay the excess at all! :)

Edited by nfbr

Congratulations on the outcome :) I Don't think Iv commented in here before, but I love what you've done with the Bora.

If the other insurance company have claimed liability, you shouldn't have to pay a penny excess. If they claimed liability after you had paid the excess, then you would claim it back.

Hope every penny stays in your pocket!

Nice one :)

I'm gona celebrate on Friday by buying a box of Corona or Coors :)

Congratulations on the outcome :) I Don't think Iv commented in here before, but I love what you've done with the Bora.

Thanks dude :) Can't wait to see how the new rub strip looks :)

Good to hear :)

Too right, I'm glad it was over so fast! Six weeks isn't bad for an insurance company to admit liability!

If the other insurance company have claimed liability, you shouldn't have to pay a penny excess. If they claimed liability after you had paid the excess, then you would claim it back.

Hope every penny stays in your pocket!

My broker / Insurance company / Legal team seem to think I am required to pay the excess then claim it back through a second legal team!

I'm going to give Oladipo's insurance company a ring tomorrow and ask them now that they have admited liability would they be able to send across a cheque for my excess so that I can get my car back :)

We'll see if it works...

I'm quite tempted to try and claim for mental anguish and lost sleep. I dunno if it'll carry though as it's only been going on six weeks.

I've had over a months worth of terrible sleep :(

I think only Pro3Mark will understand exactly how angry/upset I was about the whole thing :(

Edited by nfbr

Well, the repair work has been done and the car is ready to be collected tomorrow morning.

I've also got a little update to come at some point tonight too :)

Ahh. I'm still claiming all expenses back from a crash i had in October 08, but i never had to pay a penny excess which was strange.

Thanks for mentioning about not having to pay the excess. I rang my insurers and they waived it after a couple of short phone calls. :)

Unfortunately due to SFS's PD130 top hose being massively oversized (61mm bore / 2.2 litres), I've been having Lag and Smoke problems due to the good old Venturi effect.

After doing a large amount of research including Cad drawings and measurements of the Original pipework, I came to the conclusion that I would be better off making up my own Aluminium/Silicon pipe assembly with an iinternal bore of 51mm. The original pipework has a Volume of 1.3 litres and 51mm bore pipework would be a volume of 1.45 litres which is much closer to standard and much stronger than the standard pipework and fittings.

feckingpipes.jpg

The biggest of the silicon pipes is my new "Airbox hose" which replaces the crappy plastic corrugated pipe that VW fitted as standard.

Next Tuesday the car is having the Cambelt and water pump service done along with a coolant change. On Saturday I'll be stripping off my intercooler pipe work and removing the inlet manifold so that I can clean it out and Match up the ports to give better flow.I

I've also ordered an EGR Delete kit and 130pd specific catch can to stop soot getting into the inlet manifold and to stop blow-by oil getting into the turbo intake pipe.

Another major mod may be done by edition 38 but I'm not sure as of yet if It'll be done in time!

Our maths class via msn was a bit funny.... we got there in the end!

Should make a good difference, looking forward to seing you both at edition.

John

Yeah it was rather amusing. Especially when we decided it best to reject my conclusion that the 61mm bore pipe had a 22,000 litre volume. LMAO. I still don't know what I did wrong to end up coming to that conclusion.

I sent an e-mail out to allard earlier asking if they had dispatched my bits yet and as per usual got no response. It's been over 4 working days so far since I ordered and haven't heard a damn thing off them.

Sounds like they haven't bothered their arse to improve things since they went bankrupt, then re-opened under a different name.

Well, Today I got the car back from the bodyshop. At first everything looked fine, but now that I've got the car home and had a chance to give it a proper inspection, I've found they only seem to have repaired the top half of the rear door and not the bottom half.

So now I'm going to have to take it back and be without my car again for another week or so. :( Really pissed off as I've got a lot of work to do before edition and very little time in which to do it.