the Silver Sedan!

nfbr

Well, Managed to get a refund on the money spent upgrading the turbo. However as my regular supplier for turbos is on holiday, the car is probably gona be off the road for two weeks.

However here's a picture of the car in it's current resting position:

rest.jpg

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it out back on the anniversary day, had a good look, i like it alot. One of my favourite bora's :)

Ah mate, I didn't know you were there! Should have popped in for a chat! I was mega de-hydrated that day. That was what started off my recent batch of super-illness + all the stress from losing a **** load of money thanks to TurdBo Dynamics.

That was what started off my recent batch of super-illness + all the stress from losing a **** load of money thanks to TurdBo Dynamics.

Try 2 hybrid turbos going straight away! At ÂŁ500 a chuck I was not impressed. Basicly said there was "too much" back preasure as my original turbo snapped it's shaft and sucked all the oil out the engine and down the exhaust and had filled the CAT up with oil. I paid cash :(

That was Turbo Centre in Batley. Do not go there!!!

Can't believe you took a car to a company with such a reputation as Turbo Dynamics :(

The one round here is ok now they've employed decent staff.

Hope it's back on the road soon.

I didn't take the car to them, They don't even work on cars! I sent them the Turbo to refurbish and convert to Hybrid. Unfortunately after having the issues, I've found several other horror stories including a guy on Seat Cupra net who is on his third stage 2 refurbished turbo from them and having problems with that!

There won't be a turbo dynamics near you as there is only one in the country (Dorset). Must be another company?

It's gona be another 2-3 weeks until I'll be able to find the time to get it back up and running :( Proper gutted as I wanted to bring it to edition.

Try 2 hybrid turbos going straight away! At ÂŁ500 a chuck I was not impressed. Basicly said there was "too much" back preasure as my original turbo snapped it's shaft and sucked all the oil out the engine and down the exhaust and had filled the CAT up with oil. I paid cash :(

That was Turbo Centre in Batley. Do not go there!!!

No wonder they died straight away at ÂŁ500 a pop! This one of mine was ÂŁ695 + VAT to convert my existing turbo, or would have been ÂŁ1095 +VAT for an outright purchase.

Pretty shît when something goes wrong which is out of your control and down to a supplier/service centre.

Did you get your money back?

Yeah, I've received a credit note this morning saying:

"Warranty rejected but Refund made at discretion of management. Re-built unit and returned F.O.C. as commercial gesture."

So basically getting my Oil-Leaky Stage 2 hybrid turbo back. Will send it to my normal turbo bloke to be re-bearing and sealed, then slip it on the eGayi to re-kindle some of my dosh :(

Ah, they have various dealers across the UK, and Dorset is their HQ. Just been reading up on the website! haha.

Yeah, I'm one of their dealers. We've never had any problems with them in the past , it's just pretty typical of my crap luck that mine would be the one to go wrong.

I suppose if anything, it's proof that even the best companies make a mistake every now and then.

Edited by nfbr

Least you got your money back but it is a big inconvenience.

I've only got the money back for the conversion though...

No money back for paying twice for removal and re-fitting, No money back for a completely pointless bespoke map!

• 3 weeks later...
Glad to see you have it back, but it is a shame about the money!

If I was from down south, I'd probably not care... But since I'm from the north, I'm more peeved about the money thing than the lack of car for sevral weeks.

BUT things cost more down here :)

For the benefit of some drunk girls at Edition: 'Because i'm a LONDONAAA'

I was told: Londoner in latin means C*nt. lol

Edited by nfbr