Daily Rant!!!

EaRNi!

Well, i think we need a thread where everyone can rant on about whatever, so here goes!!

The government tries their hardest to get 4x4's off the roads, they encourage people to buy small city/town cars (eg. a Lupo).

so in an effort to do this they build massive speed bumps that only 4x4's can get over!!!

i used to travel down a certain road near me, there never used to be speed bumps on it. now there are humps and bumps all the way down with bollards and all the other carry-on! obviously now i dont go near it with my car but a mates car, a STANDARD vauxhall tigra 06 plate. scrapes on the front bumper, the sump guard and the exhaust tip.

is anyone else feeling abit pissed off about the same thing!?

RANT OVER lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car hates speed bumps and sh*t roads in general, would love to have perfectly smooth roads :D What really annoys me is when i got slow over a speed bump so i dont scrape and people behind beep or sit on your bumper cause they could go over them faster. :rolleyes:

And theres the other things they do to try at cut co2 to 'stop global warming' (as an aside, who else here is still to be convinced that even if the whole human race stopped producing co2, it would make the same ammount of difference as stopping a gnat pissing in the thames?)

Its their obsession with 'all cars must have low emmisions, and if they don't, we'll tax you more and more, so quickly, go and buy a brand new car!'.

Right, buy a new car, that a) I won't be able to afford cos of all the tax going up, and B) what about my perfectly servicable old car, no-one will want to buy it because its not go the right emmisions, so it'll go to the scrapyard will it? And what about the new car I have to buy - how much co2 was produced in making that? And how many other polutants went into the making of a car I didn't really need to buy anyway?

*ahem* :blush:

Well a lorry overturned on the Forth Road Bridge nothbound today causing me going southbound huuuuggggeeee! delays. I had to go out into the sticks to avoid the queues on the motorway, and then drive right through Dunfermline and Rosyth to get to my work (which is right beside the bridge). But its only really a half rant cos I am at work now, and I had a nice drive round some empty B roads instead of a boring motorway drive to work.

random people that try to add you to their MSN, that you accept because they might be someone you know but who turn out to be completely random. Did have one offering to perform on her webcam for me today though she wanted paid for the privilege hahaha also add attention seakers who sign in and out so that their picture pops up all the time - if I wanted to talk to you I would, if you want to talk to me try typing something lol

Edited by Crusoe

Its impossible to make decent brew in this stupid office :reallymad:

and there's a mars bar in the fridge which is SO guna get muched if the owner doesnt hurry up!!

Edited by Clairey Fairy

i don't have anything rant about, work is all good today. not too busy, not too quiet, and i'm going on lunch soon too. waiting on 2 new tyres to turn up so i can go get them fitted before my RR day at the weekend.

another new rant!! sort of carries on from the last one lol

Why should i pay car tax? there is speed bumps on nearly every road in england so am i right in assuming i'm paying road tax for roads i can't drive on!!!

I almost hate everyone and everything.

i know the feeling, then i come to the conclusion that i feel like that because i care too much about what everyone else thinks. so logically if i can learn not to give a crap about anything or anyone, i will be loving everything and everyone.

caring has done humanity a diservice. people only murder people because they care, if they were completely blank and non interested, then they would just carry on doing something which they didnt really care about.

safe.

i cant think if i read it in a newspaper or on here but appratently the government is planning to change the rules around potholes in the road so that unless there over 2 inches deep they wont get filled :(

it used to be 1 inch and they get filled :o

i cant think if i read it in a newspaper or on here but appratently the government is planning to change the rules around potholes in the road so that unless there over 2 inches deep they wont get filled :(

it used to be 1 inch and they get filled :o

I think our council has already taken on that policy! Our roads are really bad, holes, huge bumps where the roads are sinking and a growing number of speed bumps!

They have also taken to making even the straightest of roads like a slalom course with huge sticking out kurbs for crossing places. I mean, people used to manage without them! The number of poeple i see driving over them without noitcing they are there. One road is particularily bad for that, you turn onto it from sideroads and have to swing out to avoid runing over the pavement. In bigger cars like our van we have to go on the wrong side of the road to pull out of the junction. Total maddness

Why not spend all the mondey from the unnecassery speed bumps and silly pavements that take up most of the road on resurfacing.

Oh yeah and another thing, when a road is resurfaced that cheap gritt stuff is used, so it relies on cars pushing the gritt into the road. But it doesnt work, the grit causes so many chips, then the road sweepers come out, push all the grit down the drains and then the drains block. Not to mention its like driving on ballbearings. Someone very nearly slide into my car because of it! Then the surface only lasts a few months and it needs doing again.

And i hate people who go so flipping slowly over the speedbumps. Speedbumps cause more noise too since people accelerate, then brake to go over them, then accelerate then brake etc etc, how is that green! Its a total waste of fuel.

I swear this council has a deal with a local suspension supplier!

Edited by cardaft

I think our council has already taken on that policy! Our roads are really bad, holes, huge bumps where the roads are sinking and a growing number of speed bumps!

They have also taken to making even the straightest of roads like a slalom course with huge sticking out kurbs for crossing places. I mean, people used to manage without them! The number of poeple i see driving over them without noitcing.

Why not spend all the mondey from the unnecassery speed bumps and silly pavements that take up most of the road on resurfacing.

Oh yeah and another thing, when a road is resurfaced that cheap gritt stuff is used, so it relies on cars pushing the gritt into the road. But it doesnt work, the grit causes so many chips, then the road sweepers come out, push all the grit down the drains and then the drains block. Not to mention its like driving on ballbearings. Someone very nearly slide into my car because of it! Then the surface only lasts a few months and it needs doing again.

And i hate people who go so flipping slowly over the speedbumps. Rebelling against them and going over at 40 is much better, and more comfortable :huh:

I swear the council has a deal with a local suspension supplier!

Talking of those sticky outty kerbs - I nearly crashed into one of those!

Its on my way back from uni to home - if you can visualise it, you come down a length of NSL, swing round a corner into a 40mph section, and right there in a dark spot with no street lights they've built a jutty-outty kerb with a single refelctive post! Good thing I've got good brakes and reactions otherwise I'd have been in trouble.

No signs or anything warning of a new road layout!

And I have to go slowly over speed bumps otherwise I get lots of thuds and scuffs and other nasty stuff - but I've had people overtake me over speedbumps, past parked cars in residential areas before! I've now got into the habit of pulling over if anyone is behind me, so they can get past and I can carry on at my own pace without them up my exhausts.....!

Edited by lunalupi

Back to the 4x4 thing, a guy who works with me decided last yr to spend 12k on a toyota rav 4 (ok not the biggest 4x4 in the world) on an 02 plate - "just to get from a to b". Oh and the fact that he lives on a hill and if it snows he needs to get around (Swansea - if its lucky gets 1 day of snow a year). Basically he's just a big knobhead who is 46 years of age and still lives with his mum.

Anyway, because his mum is registered disabled, he claims one of those disabled badge thingys cos he takes her everywhere (even though she can catch the bus to town 3 times a week on her own - but thats beside the point). Because he has this badge he doesn't pay car tax - the government pay for it!!! No wonder I see all these gas guzzling cars parked in disabled bays, because the govt. pay tax for them!!!!

Edited by Fran