Air ride suspension

lupogirl

Don't go for air if you want the car to handle though as they make the car drive like a wet banana. Very costly too. I'd just spend less than half the cash on some high end coilies like KW variant 3's.

Where have you heard that?

The newer air ride kits, arnt supposed that bad at all.

ive got coilovers problem is its too low - well its never too low but when i go to shows i have problems getting in - went to vw show up here an scrapped my skirts on a speed bump coz it was the only way in - i want it more for the practicality so it can still be low but it doesnt get wrecked

ive got coilovers problem is its too low - well its never too low but when i go to shows i have problems getting in - went to vw show up here an scrapped my skirts on a speed bump coz it was the only way in - i want it more for the practicality so it can still be low but it doesnt get wrecked

I'm guessing that was the Bathgate show? There is another way into that, avoiding the speed bumps. I forgot how to get to it this year though so had to tackle them, my car doesn't have side skirts, and it the whole bottom of the car, had to use blocks at one of them because I got stuck.

My bug had airide on it and handled ace. Dont knock it til youve tried it! Its gonna cost you upwards of a grand if you have a go yourself or 2 grand plus if someone supply and fits it. (Ballpark price obviously.) Best bet is get a kit shipped in from the states it'l be half the price than it would be over here. :) ENJOY!

yeah it was bathgate - some genius decided to inform me about the no speed bump route after i got there so i got out ok dont think i would have got up the hill and over the bumps on the way out. My mate knows someone with a kit that was supposed to go on a 106 but i dont know if that could be adapted for a lupo or not. x x

what show was that ??

edit* just read the above :lol: i dont go to the bathgate show as its a rip off

either way the 106 kit wont fit as it uses a torsion beam rear end

Edited by one litre wonder ;)

aye rich you remember carter dont you ?? red arosa , smoothed out bumpers with the 14x8's on it , it was a 1.4TDi and then carlos bought it and didnt the engine go pop not long after he did ?

aye rich you remember carter dont you ?? red arosa , smoothed out bumpers with the 14x8's on it , it was a 1.4TDi and then carlos bought it and didnt the engine go pop not long after he did ?

And the air-ride had to be sorted as it went bang, not sure it was a bad kit or bad fitment though.

will need to do some serious saving then thanks x

wil this not add a wack to ure insurance? or r u not planning on telling them( :blink: )

just wunderin cos its a lot of muny and if u dont insure the mod if sumthin happens u culd be really be out of pocket.

ure cars looking good tho! seen it dwn mfi quite a bit..and at a few cruises and shows.

i ' m a bit of a regular down there maself, its good to see that sum1 has dun sumthin diff with a Lupo. am into the euro, smooth and dropped look...but i luv wot uve dun, tht audi grill is the dogs goolies! wil prob c u kickin about more often after winters out the way!! lol

No ill defo be letting the insurance company know - i dont see the point in paying insurance if your not really covered because of failure to disclose might as well drive about uninsured lol my policys with brentacre u could say its steep already but they promised it wouldnt go up even if i continued to modify as long as i didnt touch the engine so i think im sorted - will need to double check though.

Learned alot about making sure had proper cover after my bf's car - he was in a smash when it was black - he was with elephant who accept risk but not liabity of the mods so the car almost got written of because of the quote the bodyshop gave to fix it because the back end had been custom fitted and it wasnt a standard paint job. And they were only willing to replace with a standard rear bumper -we got something sorted in the end but it took months and i dont want that to happen to me.

Hopefully will see you about soon cant wait to start driving it again it looks so sad in my driveway lol thanks for the comments. Any pics of yours on here? then ill know if ive seen you about - will have a wee nosy about the forum myself to see lol

lol this is mines here, wil look totally diff tho by march/apr, wil have my euro rims on and a lot of bodywork(smoothing/spraying etc) will be getin dun, so wil look totally diff!

aw btw...u shuld get on dubbed-up.co.uk

local forum for vag enthusiasts(Hamilton/Motherwell/Coatbridge area)..bn running a few mnths now, realy good group of ppl, and wuld b great to get another Lupo on it lol! theres 3 on it just now!!!

insurance is an absolute ******, and when uve spent the muny on ure car like u have, as u said u gta get it insured!!! especially air ride..cos it costs a BOMB!