bit of a life change of direction

right for a start adam K get bent

right people after a sh*t month , ive lost the flat , im loosing my job and ive lost my other half ive decided that now if not any is a good time for change

ive decided this much so far

- my hair is about 7 inches long and is gettin chopped right down to a gauge 3

- as you know ive applied for the police

- im sacking uni as i cant stand it

BUT i want as soon as possible

- learn how to weld and be certified some how , not fussed what level HNC or HND / NC

- learn basic mechanics ie oil changes the such like of motor mechanics as i want to do more with the car

im willing to learn but im lysdexic so book work is very difficult where as im very goood with my hands and willing to learn , anyone have any ideas where to start ?im looking at night school so i can work during hte day

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Bad times mate,

Shows how bad some places are, complete disregard for employees and as such, they only keep the bad ones. Needless to say after your PM, I don't think I'll be working for those folks.

Go see your friends, just have a laugh, ride your bike, focus yourself on whats good around you. Keep busy - you wanted to get fit, focus on that.

Night school sounds like a good idea, and can lead on to better things with a great non-office-politik-bolloks job, but before you do this, be sure you want to leave uni - We all get fed up of the academics there. Remember thats what they do for a living, so no surprise that what and how most teach is very boreing to you and me, different out in the big world and all that....

Your ideas sound good to me, just make sure a huge change of direction is necessary.

Matt.

hahaha right now ive been focusing on the bottle of wine , 6 beers and so far an inch of a bottle of rum laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> so after this mother of all hangovers tomorow im going to start a fresh , where as right now im struggling to keep my eyes straight as there half in my skull according to my mum , but im drinking out of a pint tumbler thats got an 2inches of rum in it , an inch and a half of diluting lemon in it and an inch of water in it as dil lemon is the only mixer in the house

Lol ffs. It's funny that your parents are watching you get smashed. My mum says I look a year older after my post exams weekender.

Take care climbing into bed, I'm off (3AM ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> )

If Im the 1st person to has to act 'sensible' all I can say is dont sack off Uni! You may hate it now, but its nothing compared to what you will feel when you get pigeon-holed into crap job after crap job because you wont have completed your course(s).

If you want to learn more about engineering/welding etc, do that as night courses. Unfortunately unless your willing to train to a very high degree there's a million & one mechanics/engineers/welders etc in this world alraedy.

Sounds like a p¡sser of a month mate.

No advice, just good luck. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

right for a start adam K get bent

right people after a sh*t month , ive lost the flat , im loosing my job and ive lost my other half ive decided that now if not any is a good time for change

ive decided this much so far

- my hair is about 7 inches long and is gettin chopped right down to a gauge 3

- as you know ive applied for the police

- im sacking uni as i cant stand it

BUT i want as soon as possible

- learn how to weld and be certified some how , not fussed what level HNC or HND / NC

- learn basic mechanics ie oil changes the such like of motor mechanics as i want to do more with the car

im willing to learn but im lysdexic so book work is very difficult where as im very goood with my hands and willing to learn , anyone have any ideas where to start ?im looking at night school so i can work during hte day

if you can tell me to get bent as the first sentence, then you can take me telling you to stop being a victim of life.

lol @ Qually

Define:

It's original definition was "Laughing out loud" (also written occasionally as "Lots of Laughs"), used as a brief acronym to denote great amusement in chat conversations.

Edited by MartyP

I did a NVQ PEO LV2 Welding (1 Day a Week College Course) learn all the Welding types. Had alo of training mechanics on the course too.

Look it up mate.

Hope things pick up for ya soon.

Lupo*

let me just remind you guys on here...

internetfight.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Shouldnt but i find that highly amusing laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Also love all the keyboard jockeys acting hard laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Back on topic, sorry to hear about your luck Craig,

1st you gotta be sure before you jack in Uni, never went but after all the work you have done to date do you want to throw it away.

Flat, no probs move back with the folks, youll be much better off.

Bird, your young plenty of fish, blah blah blah.

Job, if you want a trade move to Aberdeen, we are looking for apprentices for air conditioning/ refrigeration and electrical.

Our engineers are on around £15.00 per hour if you want more go offshore, you would not believe the skills shortage atm.

Whatever you decide be sure its right for you and not kneejerk reaction to whats happening right now. Lifes a marathon not a sprint. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Shouldnt but i find that highly amusing laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Also love all the keyboard jockeys acting hard laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Back on topic, sorry to hear about your luck Craig,

1st you gotta be sure before you jack in Uni, never went but after all the work you have done to date do you want to throw it away.

Flat, no probs move back with the folks, youll be much better off.

Bird, your young plenty of fish, blah blah blah.

Job, if you want a trade move to Aberdeen, we are looking for apprentices for air conditioning/ refrigeration and electrical.

Our engineers are on around £15.00 per hour if you want more go offshore, you would not believe the skills shortage atm.

Whatever you decide be sure its right for you and not kneejerk reaction to whats happening right now. Lifes a marathon not a sprint. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

sorry to here about your situation mate

im an air conditioning and refrigeration apprentice got my final exams in a couple of weeks best choice i think i will ever make in getting a trade so even if you do leave uni its not the end of the world theres plenty of other great opportunities out there and the offer blu loop is making is a great one good luck in getting your self sorted niall

well i drank myself into a near coma on sunday , got up on monday ( somehow hangover free ) and im taking it as a new start , fired off god knows how many CV's and i have 2 interviews already , police entrance exam on the 2nd of july as well

thats the way to do it my friend.

best of luck to you, just believe you can do anything.

thats my philosiphy and i lead a happy life smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Shaved head will fit in perfectly with the constabulary smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hmm... welding? I dunno. You never see an old welder biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

My suggestion right now would be to maybe do an apprenticeship in turning/machining.

There's such a shortage of skill there, and such a backlog of work worldwide (I've tried getting stuff done - can be up to 6 month lead time).

I've heard about good machinists being offered staff posts at £25/hr.

yeah, there's a machinist here who's just upgraded to a year old S55 amg merc, with overtime and shift work they can be taking home over £50k a year at them moment.