Alternatives to mytyres.co.uk

dxg

So, peeps, does anyone know of someone other than mytyres who can supply tyres in 205/45 R15.

I had ordered some Proxies from them but am just about to call them to demand a refund.

Ordered on the 2nd. Was given yesterday as the delivery date. But (suprisingly) no courier turned up.

Phone to complain and this morning the guy turns up with someone else's order - Proxies, but R16 and - oh yes - only 2, not the 4 that I'd paid for. Wrong postcode too. Complete muppets.

So does anyone know someone that can do T1-R's would be good, but anyone that can do anything other than the Dunlops would be welcomed - I'm getting desperate.

Whenever I call anywhere local, they only seem to be able to do Dunlop on a special order due to the size.

Would 195/55 work as an alternative?

I really would appreciate some help on this one...

Thanks guys,

Deek.

As Joe said, just get some 195s, cheaper and there is more selection aswell. I went for Yoko A539s and i cant fault them at all.

Well, a another week later I'm £200 down and still without tyres.

The courier tried again to deliver the wrong order on Monday (I wasn't in, but thier automated system lists the same parcel with the wrong postcode on it).

Contacted mytryes asking them to reply with their solution. No response.

Contacted mytyres again on Wednesday to cancel the order and to refund my credit card. No response and no refund.

I'll be taking it up with my credit card company and if that doesn't succeed small claims court. I know it costs about £45 to bring a case and it is only £200, but it's the principle of the thing. Lucklily the UK company (Delticom Tyres) is listed at companies house.

Hell of a lot of hassle and I still don't have any tyres!!!

Whoever it is that ordered proxies from mytyres with the G31 postcode is sitting pretty as they presumably have my tyres. I mean the guy turns up with 4 tyres and you only ordered two - typical Glaswegian is not going to refuse that!

My advice - AVOID MYTYRES!

Thanks for the advice above guys. Sadly I now can't afford tyres. As soon as I've saved up £200 again, I'll be off to blackcircles (by phone) and for 195's...

they have a freephone number so i dont see how you can get no responce? they are not answering the phone?

email may take longtime.

"Complaints will be acknowledged within 5 working days. Upon receiving your complaint we will acknowledge it, tell you how long we expect to take to resolve it and keep you informed about the progress we are making. All complaints are dealt with fairly, effectively and in confidence."

Edited by qually

they have a freephone number so i dont see how you can get no responce? they are not answering the phone?

email may take longtime.

"Complaints will be acknowledged within 5 working days. Upon receiving your complaint we will acknowledge it, tell you how long we expect to take to resolve it and keep you informed about the progress we are making. All complaints are dealt with fairly, effectively and in confidence."

I have emailed them and they have teleponed back previously - twice within a couple of hours. As soon as things got difficult they stopped responding to my emails. Given the state of this transaction, I want my correspondence with them to be in writing - I don't see what benefit an undocumented telephone conversation would bring if it gets as far as court.

Deek.

I have emailed them and they have teleponed back previously - twice within a couple of hours. As soon as things got difficult they stopped responding to my emails. Given the state of this transaction, I want my correspondence with them to be in writing - I don't see what benefit an undocumented telephone conversation would bring if it gets as far as court.

Deek.

well 1 telephone call could mean it doesnt have to go any further, sounds easier to me.

ask to talk to a manager or supervisor.

This is odd.

l've order 4 times from them before and they've always been very good to deal with.

Unlucky fella, must be a glitch in the matrix..................wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

C

Its surprising as I've never had anything but good service from them, but statistically speaking someone must eventually have a problem.

The only time there was anything slightly astray (in my case the address become smudged somehow) one phone call from them sorted it, but I answered the phone, so I really think you should give that a try!

So, peeps, does anyone know of someone other than mytyres who can supply tyres in 205/45 R15.

I had ordered some Proxies from them but am just about to call them to demand a refund.

Ordered on the 2nd. Was given yesterday as the delivery date. But (suprisingly) no courier turned up.

Phone to complain and this morning the guy turns up with someone else's order - Proxies, but R16 and - oh yes - only 2, not the 4 that I'd paid for. Wrong postcode too. Complete muppets.

So does anyone know someone that can do T1-R's would be good, but anyone that can do anything other than the Dunlops would be welcomed - I'm getting desperate.

Whenever I call anywhere local, they only seem to be able to do Dunlop on a special order due to the size.

Would 195/55 work as an alternative?

I really would appreciate some help on this one...

Thanks guys,

Deek.

Where are you local to? My local tyre place is always happy to order stuff, and their prices are quite competitive. The place i'm thinking of is in Stafford, (Staffordshire) So let me know if your keen and ill give you some contact details smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hope you get things sorted out mate

Pete

What i usually do is check on blackcircles for a price and find out where one of their local fitters is, then query yell.co.uk for the phone numbers of the fitters, then ring them see if they're cheaper in person than blackcircles, most times they have been.

this is odd..

I've purchased 7 sets of tyres through Mytyres.co.uk now, and NEVER had a problem! one set had problems at customs (aparently) and delticom kept me updated on the progress of the two missing tyres, which arrived almost a week late, They even offered me compensation of 10% off my next order.

Two sets of tyres have been for myself, the other 5 for various people i work with.

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought I'd update this.

The order was placed 2 May and almost a full month later still no tyres. No contact from them in the last couple of weeks. I gave them one week to address the problem and a further week's grace. I thought I'd give them one last chance this morning and they're not answering their telephone. So, I've now raised this as a dispute via my credit card company and they're going to persue the vendor on my behalf.

Interesting and not at all fun. Can someone lend me £200 - I actually need these tyres...

Deek.

Edited by dxg

Well, this just gets better.

My credit card company now says that I can't dispute this because - get this - I refused to accept the wrong product.

So there's a lesson for you - if a courier turns up with anything at all - just sign for it and then dispute once the product is in your possession.

So I'm still £200 down on this whole deal. The credit card company is going to try to do something for me, but I first have to find out what happened to the tyres I refused. I need to establish that the supplier has had them sent back by the courier. And, of course, if you're in dispute with a customer what supplier will admit to that?

Not a happy bunny.

Deek.

Edited by dxg