Do you think the GTi attracts to**ers?

penry

I have always noticed this. I do quite a lot of motorway miles as well and seem to suffer the usual "BMW, Merc, Audi" owners who tailgate. Its funny pulling over at 80 then when they get level dropping them a few car lengths with a burst of throttle.

In town I just pull over and let racers go, I wont speed in built up areas and certainly dont want them crashing in to me with some erratic manouver.

On the right roads (if there are such roads) I prefer to have fun with cars a little faster like M3s, Subarus and Boxsters. Probably never going to win but as a car enthousiast I like seeing these cars actually driven a little rather than sat in traffic.

I do agree with a previous comment that the Gti does have a bit of a "presence" many other hot hatches dont have which makes the Gti a bit of a target for others.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree with a previous comment that the Gti does have a bit of a "presence" many other hot hatches dont have which makes the Gti a bit of a target for others.

the new audi s3 has the same presence i saw one t other day and after 5 minutes staring and spanking i realised it was giving me the same cheeky look my lupo gave me from the petrol station forecourt the day i picked it up but unfortunately i don't have 30k+ lying around and my insurance is dear enough so it'll have to wait a few years

the new audi s3 has the same presence i saw one t other day and after 5 minutes staring and spanking i realised it was giving me the same cheeky look my lupo gave me from the petrol station forecourt the day i picked it up but unfortunately i don't have 30k+ lying around and my insurance is dear enough so it'll have to wait a few years

Yup, theres one near my uni halls and its sooooo gorgeous. As soon as i saw it i knew i wanted one, gona work hard til i can afford one (and the insurance laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> )

Agreed the lupo has a presence no matter what model. Jake-VW on here, when you say you've got a lupo ive had a good few people saying ooh have you seen that black lupo around, proper decked. Just something about them...

Try living near merry hill, I avoid it where possible now as its full chav mobiles and police officers. But there is always one! I only went for petrol at the BP garage on the Pedmore Road. Lupo had 250ml of Aldon Octane booster, I had a Red Bull. I managed to pull off the forecourt, just before a light change at the next junction down, but some spaz in a SaxRot VTR tried to attach himself to my cars bumper. Two gear changes later @ 6800 and he had dissapeared backwards...

Try living near merry hill, I avoid it where possible now as its full chav mobiles and police officers. But there is always one! I only went for petrol at the BP garage on the Pedmore Road. Lupo had 250ml of Aldon Octane booster, I had a Red Bull. I managed to pull off the forecourt, just before a light change at the next junction down, but some spaz in a SaxRot VTR tried to attach himself to my cars bumper. Two gear changes later @ 6800 and he had dissapeared backwards...

**** me you live close I live right by merry hill (well by Peter's Hill school actually)! And use that petrol station often as well! And never seen you lol.

NOCK

• 2 weeks later...

I get alot of people wanting to race when I'm in the sport.

I think its something to do with the twin centre exit exhausts tbh.

This guy in a Boxter was proper showing off to me and I was sat there thinking 'man, your WELL sad, your having to prove yourself to someone in a car worth a quarter of yours and someone half your age'.

Tbh, I think they need to reassure themselves against hot hatches cause they didn't buy a 911/M3/C55.

I don’t understand why people would want to race but especially not a lupo gti. They are appallingly slow!!!!!! why does everyone on this forum think there 16v's are porsche/ferrari's funny!

lmao appaulingly slow in comparison to what exactly civic vti's erm no kept with them 106 gti's anialated them erm fiesta st's nope that wont beat golf gti t (mk4) nope not any quicker so what cars are you talking about it's one of the quickest cars in it's class really and i've stayed in the rearview of alot of cars that should be much faster for alot longer than they were expecting had a good one with a new leon cupra today i bet he was suprised to look in his mirror to find he could still see me

I don’t understand why people would want to race but especially not a lupo gti. They are appallingly slow!!!!!! why does everyone on this forum think there 16v's are porsche/ferrari's funny!

Being fast isn't just about going in a straight line.

I get this a bit, probably the centre exit and lowered susp that does it to be honest. They see it as fair game, a fellow 'boy racer' (only we are not - generally)...

I once had an audi a6 avant so far up my ass I could smell him, really pissing me off. I let him past naturally, but then pulled out behind him. He was obviously just a nob in a big car who thought he could eat anything smaller for breakfast (which I admit he probably could). Only after I sat behind him for about 8 miles at 100mph (he obviously didnt want to take it faster) he pulled over and let me passed...lol

I knew his car was faster, he knew his car was faster, but he just didnt have the balls to blast me away so **** out and let me go past him. Queue a big smile and a nod from me... hehehe