The Osteopath

bossjohnc

I'm off skiing next week, and someone I know had been raving about the osteopath.

I don't have any particular back problems, not that I'm aware of at least, but I went for a session to loosen up a bit before I went skiing - I didn't have much faith in it tbh, didn't think it'd do much for me, but... the guy put me on to one side, moved my arms in to some funny position and then pretty much sat on me... and *cruuunch* - did the same on the other side, and wow... I can't remember my back ever feeling like this! It's awesome!

Anyone else?

I'm off skiing next week, and someone I know had been raving about the osteopath.

I don't have any particular back problems, not that I'm aware of at least, but I went for a session to loosen up a bit before I went skiing - I didn't have much faith in it tbh, didn't think it'd do much for me, but... the guy put me on to one side, moved my arms in to some funny position and then pretty much sat on me... and *cruuunch* - did the same on the other side, and wow... I can't remember my back ever feeling like this! It's awesome!

Anyone else?

yeah, the guy over the road from me is an osteopath and when i have any back problems i always go and see him and he cracks my back and neck.

feels absolutley amazing biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i've been shown how to crack your back if u have somebody there to help you.

I'm seriously stunned at how much better it feels - I'll know to go back if it ever gets that way again.

And no offence Adam, but I wouldn't trust you with something like that tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I've been too. Been meaning to go back for ages cos my back is sh*t. Surprising how many clicks and crunches they can get out of you isn't it?

The bloke who I went to turned out not to be an 'official' osteopath, but he got let off I think, dunno if he's still practicing and has registered with the osteopaths association or whatever it is, which is why he was getting bollocked in the first place.

His dad used to do it too I think, but he had to stop because he got caught feeling boobies.

think i need to give this ago as my back is crap hurts most mornings whats the going rate for it doing huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

my friends dad is an Osteopath at brabant house i have had treatment there twice

in combination with the back cracking i had shortwave mmmmmm its soo nice makes you feel all warm for hours

the first day of school when my mate (he is dyslexic) was asked what his dad did he said he was a psychopath lol always remember that

Worked miracles for me tooalthough I was a little shocked when he cracked my neck in both directions! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

When I was at the osteopath, my maths teacher asked why I was off. My mate told him I'd gone to the gynacologist. Couldn't understand why everybody thought it was so funny.

girl i climb with is studying to become a professional masseuse, she didn't need to ask twice for volunteers to practice on. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

What's the difference between an Osteopath & a Chiropractor?

The spelling.

I've never been, but am seriously considering it. I've had back problems since I was 13 and at one stage was visiting the RNOH every 6 months. I've still got problems now - can't help but think that a quick trip to see a nice man who cracks my bones will definitely make me feel better. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I've never been, but am seriously considering it. I've had back problems since I was 13 and at one stage was visiting the RNOH every 6 months. I've still got problems now - can't help but think that a quick trip to see a nice man who cracks my bones will definitely make me feel better. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

in some cases there can be an underlying cause for it that you dont know about. I had my back problems since I was 12 I thought it was just bad posture using a computer and a bad bed. going to the osteopath helped every time but it came back, it turned out to be my appendix in the end

It was looped back unlike a normal appendix and I had an abscess on it so all the pain I got was in my back. After I had it out it all went away along with the migraine headaches I had had for years

Thinking back, I did have back pain but I always thought it was normal - I really didn't know any different. I never compalined about it and didn't really notice it. If you've not tried it before Nicki, try it!

After cracking my spine, he said my lower back hadn't moved like that for a *long* time, and now it feels great.

Do I sound like a broken record yet?

in some cases there can be an underlying cause for it that you dont know about.

I know exactly what is wrong with my back, but there's no treatment for it other than a really rather nasty operation that I intend to avoid at all costs.

Don't fancy being in a neck to waist plaster cast for 6 months, having to learn to walk again and there's that lovely looming risk of spinal chord damage too... I'd rather have a slightly dodgy back tbh!

dunno if this is really related but i have really bad joints, iv been going to hospital since i was 13 and cant be bothered any more. they still havent figured out what it is and iv learned to live with it.

basically the only thing i get now is i can click every joint in my body like Blade does, before when it was bad they used to randomly lock up on me at really really bad moments (ie. when mountain biking)

slightly more on topic- my dads tried loads of things for his back but he says acupressure is the best (like acupuncture but no needles, just 'pressure')