Apple iPhone/Leopard (OS 10.5)

Joe

To me £100 ;)

Is it the base white model? Can't remember which one had the 2.16 CPU thats all.

If its the base model I reckon your good for at least £550 if its all in good nick but check ebay for latest prices on your particular version

Edited by Joe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.... Well parallels on my macbook crapped out on me last night, right when I've got an assignment due in *now* (it was due on Friday). Luckily, I've still got a PC here I can use as there are certain things I need - Word, Excel, Visio

Not sure if it was a parallels problem or an XP problem, but it's definitely toast.

Sounds like an opportunity to stick a bigger drive in the macbook and install Vista in a new virtual machine! Even if it's only so I can convince myself that Vista really is shite.

What version of Parallels are you running?

I have Parallels 3 and it is prety stable, I have two XP installs for IE6 and IE7. I tend to be gentle with them by shutting them down properly rather than pausing them. At work I have the same and some of my workmates pause them and just shuw it down and they've all ran into trouble.

Changing the subject:

Does anyone have any experience of the new iMacs, particularly the 20" base model???

We've had previous generations of iMacs which were great.

Nope but I'm rattling waiting for the new Penryn iMacs to come out so I can buy one

Nope but I'm rattling waiting for the new Penryn iMacs to come out so I can buy one

Is there a release date for those? I might wait.

What version of Parallels are you running?

I have Parallels 3 and it is prety stable, I have two XP installs for IE6 and IE7. I tend to be gentle with them by shutting them down properly rather than pausing them. At work I have the same and some of my workmates pause them and just shuw it down and they've all ran into trouble.

It is parallels three and, yup, i was being lazy and letting parallels pause the machine when rebooting the mac. The filesystem image must have become corrupt as xo bluescreened then ran chkdsk and managed to eat its own filesystem so badly that xp would just keep bluescreening during the boot. Luckily no data on the XP machine, but it's the time it will take to set the thing up again...

I might see how long I can exist without any MS stuff...

Matt in that case its worth a bit more as its the next model up to the one I thought so should have a slightly bigger harddrive. probably looking neared 650-700 for one of those. Ebay and the apple refurb store are the best place to look for a price to ask though

When you first get it yes, with all the WIFI and surfing you can eat battery life :P

Free apps, none from me, im not unlocked, but I'm learning the SDK so can build some proper apps soon. The Appstore is opening in June so expect thousands of them then.

I think bluetooth works ok with Satnavs, just not that well with other things.... Hopefully it'll be the v2 when its sorted which is coming out for the launch of the Appstore in June

You'll get v2 when its out. Its just a firmware update, when it is released iTunes will download it and do its stuff for you so no need to worry :)

Looks like Apple have announced that they have now licenced the Microsoft ActiveSync protocol, which means it will make it much easier for the I-Phone to do push email and sync contacts with Exchange servers & Outlook on the desktop, which in turn will make it a much more viable option for business users (instead of Blackberry or HTC). Hook that up with the SDK developers package & it could make things a bit more interesting over the coming months :)

Edited by Max69vk

According to the BBC and Macworld there is a price cut on the 8GB model iPhone looming, £100 off. Makes sense to me, should pick up sales until the newer model arrives.

Edit: I should have found more up to date sources, it appears this was confirmed by O2, so its not a rumor. 8GB iPhone is now £169 until June 1st.

£169 is probably the right price to get a mass of orders in. Anyone buying an iPod touch should really be getting one of these.

The discount is either to get rid of stocks before the 3G version is out, or they want to completely flood the market.

TWhat I'm hoping is when the 3G cersion comes out they offer original iPhone subscribers a discount to upgrade.

£169 is probably the right price to get a mass of orders in. Anyone buying an iPod touch should really be getting one of these.

The discount is either to get rid of stocks before the 3G version is out, or they want to completely flood the market.

TWhat I'm hoping is when the 3G cersion comes out they offer original iPhone subscribers a discount to upgrade.

I've heard a rumour (and it is only a rumour at this point) from the network that you will be able to upgrade to the new 3G unit early if you have the original 8Gb. However, the downside to this is that there will be no discount on the handset + your contract will be reset to 18 months from the date you receive it. Nice way to repay brand loyalty! :(