Apple iPhone/Leopard (OS 10.5)

Joe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear god, there i am happily checking my usual forums and joe takes a picture.

And yes i did install leopard, and yes it wipes the floor with tiger so joe can poo off jealous swine.

Oh dear god, there i am happily checking my usual forums and joe takes a picture.

And yes i did install leopard, and yes it wipes the floor with tiger so joe can poo off jealous swine.

Im sure its great, I shall find out tonight when I do a fresh install. None of that crappy upgrade for me...

With his chavmantastic hoodie :lol:

Says the man with that is addicted to beanies...

And to get back on topic here is a photo of the queue at the Bullring, Birmingham. We were actually quite close. Must have been a few hundred people behind us in the queue. It went right outside into the freezing cold :)

1790468770_0486eb5b0d.jpg

Yep, think the iPhone release is going to be mental. Ill be at work on the 9th so not sure if Ill be going up on the day, may wait and go in another day when they are back in stock.

I'm ordering a copy for the macBook (I think I'll leave the iBook somehow) as soon as I can get on the Uni's network tomorrow (to get the edu discount...). I've been reading up on it at arstechnica and the consensus seems to be that it's awesome - particularly the networking (and quicklook)...

No sign of the rumoured new mac mini though and given that my XP MCE machine in the living room went bang last weekend, I'm in a tough spot... (Vista MCE is supposed to work well on the mini under bootcamp, so maybe I'll just go for it...)

Don't think you'll see a new mac mini just yet. Rumours are currently suggesting new Mac Pro and macbooks. Perhaps using the new Intel chip, the Penryn, whih launches on 12th November

I am *loving* leopard!!!

Serious work stuff -- this is why I use a mac - it;s so easy to find stuff. Can't remember what it was called, but can remember what the document looked like - problem solved:

1.jpg

the spiral binding and dogears are a really nice touch!!

And this is just. plain. awesome.

Automatically generated thumbnails of all your *movies*, in real time, no slower than static image thumbnails - truely stunning:

2.jpg

Plus, the networking extremely well done - notice that it's found my work pc ("office") and my ibook ("island") without even asking it to - plus all the thumbnails, coverflow and everything works over the network completely transparently. This is great stuff!!!

Deek.

My copy turned up today, am getting my head around it pretty well, I love it so far.

Only downside, it appears there is a HP driver issue and although I can see my printer over the wireless network it won't allow me to select any drivers for it and auto select doesn't work either.

I'm trying a work around now, but so far thats the only hassle.

Haven't had a play with time machine yet as I have another 500GB Minimax hard drive on the way for that specific purpose.

Scrub that, the fix seems to work. Printer drivers from the HP website don't work but the ones on the OSX install disk do. Doh! ;)

Still won't print from iPhoto though, but everything else seems to work fine print function wise.

Why do you have a windows start bar at the bottom too? :blink:

Vista does all that and more... :shades:

Its called Parallels.

It allows you to run a copy of windows within OSX. Useful for when you have hardware that needs windows, or for testing websites in IE etc etc

cant wait to get my copy, used macs like forever windows just make it far top complex,

anyone else run a macbook pro?

oh yea try and get ur windows pc to do this :P lol

smackbook works on the macs built in motion sensors as does ialertu

vista u say? pffffffft......

Edited by big_dave

Its called Parallels.

It allows you to run a copy of windows within OSX. Useful for when you have hardware that needs windows, or for testing websites in IE etc etc

My none 'Mac system doesnt require me to run a second operating system to run all the programs I need.

I can see why you need to spend so much more for your systems :rolleyes:

Geeks.

My none 'Mac system doesnt require me to run a second operating system to run all the programs I need.

I can see why you need to spend so much more for your systems :rolleyes:

Geeks.

Personally - I have no need to use windows at all... Everything I need a computer to do, I can do on my macbook.

I do have a Windows PC, but its built purely for Music, Downloading and Playing.

Luke has windows on his purely to update his Road Angel...

Joe builds websites, and finds it usefull to have OSX and Windows all on the same computer, with a bunch of different web browsers for use with compatibility tests.

I didn't have to spend £1000 on a laptop... I could have spent half the amount, and buy yet another windows based computer to boil my blood with its constant viruses, faults and self creating problems... But I didn't want that...

I wanted a computer where I didn't have to worry about viruses, or things going wrong, And where I don't need to be an absolute genious to figure out half the stuff you need to do when things go wrong with the damn thing...

So far I've not had one thing go wrong with my Macbook, and i've used it at least once a day for a number of hours each day, for 11 months...

I'm pretty certain a PC would be filled with crap, maybe a virus or two, and I'd have had to reinstall windows a number of times by now...

All this - and coming from someone who up until January this year, has been a complete windows PC junky, who'se always hated macs...

It only took a couple of hours messing on one which had a few programs pre-installed on it, for me to realise it was the way forward...

:lol: Thats the saddest thing I've ever seen!!!

I'm pretty certain we didn't call at jen and joe's house just to whip out our macbooks...

And If you are so against mac computers, then why do you Insist on even viewing this thread? It obviously contains nothing informative or entertaining that is of any use to you whatsoever?

Simplified... If you dont like macs, Why view and post in this thread?