New Corsa VXR announced...

AndyW

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the sound of the figures, they're impressive, i like the seats they're they're also impressive however i'm not so keen on the way it looks. The whole package screams to me that it's trying too hard, but i'll reserve final judgement until i see one in the flesh and drive one.

We're usually quite good for a one make forum with regards to badge snobbery although recently that doesn't seem to be the case sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Didn't you know that VWs are the best car evAr and soooo much better than Opel/Vauxhall? rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
We're usually quite good for a one make forum with regards to badge snobbery although recently that doesn't seem to be the case sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

More and more I'm finding the idea of moving away from VW's appealing because of the whole feeling of smug superiority. I'm not sure if I'm ready to make the jump into this Corsa to prove the point just yet, but I am feeling I'm ready to make an exodus from the brand. Maybe a MINI just to get everyone chattering. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i agree it's like everyone thinks VW is the holy grail! FFS most people on here are driving LUPO'S which I consider to be just as humbling as any other small hatch. Yeah but it's a corsa comments can be applied to almost all the owners driving the Arosa and a Lupo. Unless you are driving some real performance car then it's really a clear example of Pot Kettle Black.

Grow the feck up!

if i had one and i would really like anything which is faster than the old passat right now i would say i have a vauxhall and say nothing more about it. Bit like when i had my Lupo and my Seat. Simply a lupo and a leon. Never mentioned the GTi or Cupra R bit when speaking to people. Just enjoyed seeing there reactions when they saw the motor. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Looks nice, but theyll depreciate fast and dont really carry the right image.

The modern hot hatch look is very samey across the board, there are soo many, as soon as the price comes down abit youll see LOADS of them about.

Two a penny really, unless you buy new and then sell again before everybodys got one.

there are soo many, as soon as the price comes down abit youll see LOADS of them about.

TBH since the early 90s we havn't had this much choice, I think its a good thing.

That Corsa would defenatly be a great used buy.

TBH since the early 90s we havn't had this much choice, I think its a good thing.

Agreed, if you read old car mags from the late 90's theres a depressing lack of hot hatchery, then an explosion around 2001/2002 leading to the peak we have now. Great stuff.

Surely the reason that the hot hatch of today looks like it does (as some would describe - likes it was covered in super glue and driven through Halfords) is to appeal to a certain consumer bracket. Typically the young driver or "sporty" minded driver. Twenty somethings are going to love the look and at least manufacturers are trying to save them money by supplting cars with things already fitted such as large rimms and kits. At least insurance prices won't be bumped as the need to add new kit or rims is removed (to a degree).

Times change, maybe it's a scooby/evo thing that young drivers want more aggresively/wide arched styled rally look alike hatches who knows. Roof tip spoilers and front splitters no longer get you the credability they used to in the "cruising scene".

No doubt the Corsa will sell in spades, tuning companies such as Regal and Courtney will make a fortune tuning them and as said above they will then become a great second hand performance car.

Back to badge snobbery, I've had a few VW's over the years and don't kid yourselves they can be as bad reliability wise as any other car and at the end of the day as much as I love my Loop and Loop GTi's there not the end all and be all and there certainley not performance beasts by any stretch of the imagination.

More and more I'm finding the idea of moving away from VW's appealing because of the whole feeling of smug superiority. I'm not sure if I'm ready to make the jump into this Corsa to prove the point just yet, but I am feeling I'm ready to make an exodus from the brand. Maybe a MINI just to get everyone chattering. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

lol if you got the new mini cooper S I wouldn't complain, I think its a great little package now, great fun performance and the economy is just superb

That Corsa would defenatly be a great used buy.

Deffo no denying that, just kinda making the point of "will you want one when half of all the boy racers have got one, and when Max power has one on nearly every page ?"

Thats not really how i see it, yes there are snobs out there.

For me personally where the Lupo GTI is concerned it's the difference between owning a car that you see every 5 minutes coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> and owning a car that is abit special smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ofcourse id much rather have an Audi RS4 or a Top the range Porsche, but thats not within reach at the moment.

i'd rather buy a secondhand S4, or Mk5Gti DSG.

It will tourqe steer like the entire VXR range (220 excluded), it will understeer like the entire VXR range (220 included) and every cahv boy racer will have one. I think that the new Corsa looks like the Clio anyway!

Like the colour, but the rest of it..Na. Been there done that.

A friend of mine has a new shape corsa and I think it's awfull. It's huge inside and out and the shape makes me want to throw up. Visibility is extremely poor, you can't see a thing out of the back no matter which way you turn!. When inside it feels like you are in a 4x4 and the end of the dash is about a mile away. No matter how crap I know my corsa C is, it's 5 times better then the new corsa (D?). 16 grand is insane, you could get a MUCH better car for that, new or used! I could go on and on, but I wont.

- Michael.

Love it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> when i have the money (and insurance angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> ) i will no doubt have one

Totally agree here theres a strong feeling on here that the VW is the better car whatever model it ISNT, the MINI in cooper S form is Very Very good car yet this forum partiularly slates it for no apparent reason apart from comments such as "too girly" which coming from a lupo owner which is classed as a "girls car" is a bit of a poor coment, as many on here know when choosing the arosa i chose it for the overall package but it was a toss up between this and a Corsa C the corsa in the same insurance group bracket is without doubt the quicker car, better handling, better engine etc etc it just lacks in the interior where the arosa makes up for it, it also has the chuckability factor which the corsa doesnt have where it does does it all without the fuss

It still confuses me every time when most people feel fit to cirticise the corsa's with coments like there common etc YES to an extent BUT for good reason we have had many corsas and all have been brilliant we have had 2 VAG cars and both have had problems, also Vauxhall build quality is something which can never be questioned i have worked on many one of which a 96 Corsa sport doing various things etc and its as solid and well put together as ever and how anybody can say its any lesser quality than a VW confuses me

Interior looks very cool, outside is a bit loud.

For once a good straight commont and YES aggree on this but LOUD is alot of the time a good thing as others have said to attact the buyer same as the Focus ST

I've had a few VW's over the years and don't kid yourselves they can be as bad reliability wise as any other car and at the end of the day as much as I love my Loop and Loop GTi's there not the end all and be all and there certainley not performance beasts by any stretch of the imagination.

as iv said above the VAG cars are not the be and end all a mk5 GTi is damn fine car but a Astra VXR would be damn tempting

there is only one thing that concerns me about the corsa and thats the price £16k for a hatch in my eyes is a bit over the top the C2 VTS is a good seller and partly because it can be picked up for £9-£10k which is the price a small hot hatch should be where does this whole idea of we should be paying nearer to £20k for a hot hatch come from these days?

wayne

Totally agree here theres a strong feeling on here that the VW is the better car whatever model it ISNT, the MINI in cooper S form is Very Very good car yet this forum partiularly slates it for no apparent reason

No we have very good reasons for hating the Bini.

Good or bad car has nothing to do with it.

Small business trading under the same name since the 60s being told by BMW he much change it when the brought out the Bini springs to mind...

looks fairly decent, see they borrowed the triangle style thing from the civic... i still wouldnt have one though, purely cause i love my german cars..

16k is same price as the polo gti isnt it?

i think it's ok but would rather have the astra vxr.

i know corsa's or vauxhall in general is associated with boy racers but some people on here have to wake up a bit. We had a corsa c 1.2 great car reliable and very nippy for a 1.2!

There are other manufacturers out there who make goods cars not just vw's

Don't get me wrong i like vw's but i don't like the snobbery on here either