Lupo GTI Turbo conversion

Tigz™

Well thats all my bits bought and paid for.

Just ordered the throttle linkages from Badger 5

Cheers again for the deal smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So thats it.

Got everything I need now, so theres no excusses.

Just need to get that engine in now then.

Think Im going to rent a winch for the weekend after next.

If anyone fancies putting round to give me a hand I wouldn't mind wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edit.

Just ordered an engine lift.

Called turner hire

"That'll be ?20 a day chap"

Ah good, so if I pick it up on Saturday and drop it off Monday that'll be ?20 then?

"Er..hum... aye ok then"

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Picking it this Saturday.

Come wind or bad weather Im determined to have it in by sun set Sunday!

Wish me luck!

Good luck with it Bro don't forget to take piccies of the transition

buddy dont waste your cash it took me and two others to lift my engine and gearbox in there is nothing to it mate if i can get to yours i will help out

Edited by noddy1

£20s a bargin.

Dont really mind paying it to save on the lifting.

We use them for hireing tools at work, s I may be able to lose the cost anyway TBH.

My mates coming round after work in the early afternoon, as a chap whos done some work for me in the past is coming round in the afternoon to try fix the bike so its gonna be all hand go lol

Can see the finishing post now.

Roll on the summer!

I live in Rotherham, S.Yorkshire.

You local? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

well if i not working i can lend a hand for a bit if you like will let you know asap wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

NIce one Nods hope to see you there wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i have spoke to ar kid and he says he will bring me over so if i'm at work i will get him to bring after i finish at lateist 12 so will be with you for 1 ish wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by noddy1

Dude, this car's gonna be crazy. Best of luck and hope it all goes well. So this means your 0-54mph will be slightly better than last time?!? The increased acceleration might even rip off the stainless steel door handles i sold ya!

Wahay hows things bud!

After that dreadful run last year I had to do somthing about it! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Look forward to taking on that Polo of yours biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Look forward to taking on that Polo of yours biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Not a problem. After these bodies go on yours i might give it a go. Once i get a fecking gearbox anyway! Gettin my flywheel done at the same time. Might just put some cams, head work, exhaust & filter in and see where it goes. You got till e38 next year and i'll take you on! You might end up racing the convertible mind you, not that its 82bhp is gonna worry you!

@ Jez, no worries mate, I thought you lived down south lol

@ Nod cool mate I'll see you in the pm biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

well i have a prob my bro came off his bike this morning and its ****ed so as it stands i have no way of getting to yours but i'm working on it will let you know wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Running will be great enough for me biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

So long as the imobilisor can be removed from the ECU I think it may be running for spring.

Think I may have found a buyer for the Renault, so that should pay for the mapping time needed.

Worst part to come though, gotta try and remember how to put it together again!

For the time being mate, manily because I cant remember how to put it together again enginein.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Forgot to add.

After fitting the engine, we realised the power steering pipe was behind the engine!

Removed the mount, lifted up the engine again and pulled the pipe round.

My mate was not best pleased lol

Edited by Tigz

looking good buddy glad you got on fine without me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

did you use any wax on the chassis i just used what i normal car wax on mine and there fine

Edited by noddy1

so the wiring loom thats in the pic is that the 1.0 or 1.4 confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Just going to play with that one.

Theres only one plug thats diffrent.

Dont know what its for yet, but I think it wll easier to md my 1.0 look, than it would be to rewire the 1400 loom after the numpty who sold the egine cut it off instead of un plugging it at the bulk head!

cool will the ecu fit your plug if you want a hand after monday let me know buddy wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />