Lupo GTI Turbo conversion

Tigz™

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> TIGZ YOU'RE WORKING VERY HARD MATE AND SOON YOU'LL BE ABLE TO HAVE FUN KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MATE WHEN SHE'S UP AND RUNNING LET US KNOW ALL THE BEST "H" rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks bud, every time I go out the house for a cig and lok at the mess on the back yard I sometimes wonder why I started!

Im sure it will be worth it in the end though, cant wait for that first sign of life from the engine.

That first Gulp of air through them little trumpets is making me wet thinking about it!

Remember everyone (and no disrespect to Andi here) Andi is not a mechanic or a car modifying regular. He is (like me I suppose) just enthusiastic about his car and is learning as he does this conversion. Makes what he is doing even more impressive. Mucho respecto to the lad!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Darren, Im really proud of myself, even for the little work that has been done.

Even the little things like finsihing the brakes, and fitting the anti roll bar makes me think I might just pull it off.

hope you have plenty spare underpants, cos looking at those pictures id be shatting myself!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> me too mate?.....'crap where did this wire go???' laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />  shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dudes I try to avoid looking at that wireing loom, that and the pedel is the only thing that keeps me awake at night.

Still, its not as if its not been done before, and Im sure the techies will continue to help me out when things get tricky smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

tigz on the 8th i am passing your way and i will do the pedal in 10 mins , stop worrying, lol

will get your addy of you before sunday , do you want the pedal fitted in the box and the cable ran through, if so no problem,glad to help

Yes mate, I think I know where the cable needs routeing, theres a spare grommet on the bulk head but you know what its like if you dont know for sure, its normally wrong!

I ordered a 1/2" drive torx bit set today so will remove the lower dash when I get home tommorrow.

May as well get it painted before it goes back in.

I'll get the front seat out the way while Im at it.

Just dont turn up at your Dads

haha biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i will do the pedal in 10 mins

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DSC00346.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Many many thanks mate.

Couldn't have done it without you, and the grinder says thanks for the workout.

well it will go faster as been lighter biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

jesus andi - you are a brave man indeed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha mate, theres nothing brave about it.

After a few choice words, and a lot of head scraching, it was noted that the one remaining bolt couldn't be got to with everything else comeing out.

Bloody VWs wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

So the dash came out.

But the bolt stll couldn't be removed.

Steering shaft next, two bolts loose.

One you just cant get to!

Cant wait to smash up the drive by wire unit.

Once removed, it became obvious the whole bracket was in the way, so this had to be hacket out!

Still, its done now.

Phoned Emma to give her a warning, she came home and started on the tea, must have been an hour after when she went out side and looked at it.

Not best pleased at all lol

Loving the exposed gear linkages though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

hope you were watching were things went might be popping past again sometime wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

hope you were watching were things went

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol yes, Im a little less scared of putting it back.

The scary part is trying to take it all apart when you have no idea how its put together.

If I get stuck, Im sure a few self tappers and a bit of gaffa tape will hold it in place shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

might be popping past again sometime

As you can tell from the post count.

Im around most days wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thanks again for the help mate.

I owe you one.

Andi when you've got a screw driver in one hand and to much time in the other, dont go near your car laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Seriously though, good luck bud. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well just been cleaning my engine bay what a job you r a hero yours looks lot better than mine and i've been on one side for two hours .

what did you use ?

o im using a degreser and its crap angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> other side is tomorrows job then taking rubbing strips off

any tips for doing them as on sure were to start confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

theres five years of crap there the oil comes of ok its the crap that takes time angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Edited by noddy1

lmao, nar, removing it should be the hardest part.

Its not as if all of the screws have to be fitted is it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hardest part of it all was removing the bloody light switch!

Just glad it was Mitch, other wise I would have smashed it out, and I'll be seaching for a replacment now!

Seriously though, I dont think it will be too diffcult.

With the exception of two bolts, every screw is the same size and lenth.

Only tricky bit I can see, is trying to hold the dash in place.

After seeing Emmas face yesterday, I dont think I have the guts to ask for for a lift lol