Lupo GTI Turbo conversion

Tigz™

so your stripping the polo to put it in the lupo, how long will this take?

Im having condensed Sprinter van training next week, will be training twelve hour a day.

I will get good by the time I leave!

Dude, I'm really exited.

Even my wife and sensible car nut friend think its the best solution.

I can sell my Lupo bits and pay for wheels and a proper cool system system and carputer.

If its not ready this Edition, it will be ready for Spring Festival at Pod next year.

Theres too many quick Lupo and Arosas being built to do anything other than make it fast.

And TBH throttle bodies have been done twice now, the latest will end up being a very very cool car once he's finished it.

If I am going to follow what has been done before, I may as well go for the one that isn't going to cost a penny.

No ECU, no wiring, no mapping until I have the cash to get two more engine maps installed onto this Emerald map.

150 bhp across the rev range.

200+ as it is now.

Max possible, and set to run with Nitrous.

Cant wait.

Anyone want to buy a purple Polo GTI engine, 17,000 mile gearbox with brand new Polo GTI clutch installed, brand new Jenvey throttle bodies including linkages and fuel rail and Lupo GTI injectors?

I'll part with the Wide band once I have a computer with info on Pete.

Exciting times!!

Its going to be fun at the pod...... once there all finished anyway.... Ill probably have crashed mine by the time yours is done anyway andi, so be quick!

Pete - NOS??? are you mad? i take it that will be for the engine with the internals?? Just remember to change your oil jets... all ive had is problems with mine!

Also, what wideband? tech edge all the way for me! IMO a wideband controller is money well spent.

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Also, what wideband? tech edge all the way for me! IMO a wideband controller is money well spent.

I bought a Wide band Lambda Sender early on before I knew that the Lupo came with a Wide band sender as standard!

But, it came with a fancy controller display which showed you your air/fuel mixture while on the move.

Mitch I'll work out how much everything has cost me and let you know.

You interested in the GTI lump and Gearbox also or just the conversion items?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i noticed you have done a throttle body conversion on your 1.4 16v engine and was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.

I have the same engine in my Polo 6n2 (75bhp) and have also been trying to do a throttle body conversion...but i am using the throttle body and inlet manifold of a 6n2 GTI (both are drive by wire). Everything works except that i keep getting an error of:

"Manifold air pressure implausible correlation" and there are no vacuum leaks.

I have rang around a few tuning places and they have told me it is because there is too much air entering so its out of the parameters logged into the ecu. So i was wondering how did you overcome this problem? Also how much extra bhp would you think this would add to the car (i am currently on 90bhp)?

Cheers in advance

Have you had your ecu remapped?

Give Jabba Sport a call.

One of the staff there had a 75 hp 1.4 16v Lupo, I sold him my throttle body and inlet manifold from a 6N2 GTI which they fitted and remapped and got around 100 hp.

I'll try to find the thread he made.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...c=32494&hl=

Edited by Tigz™

Have you had your ecu remapped?

Give Jabba Sport a call.

One of the staff there had a 75 hp 1.4 16v Lupo, I sold him my throttle body and inlet manifold from a 6N2 GTI which they fitted and remapped and got around 100 hp.

I'll try to find the thread he made.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...c=32494&hl=

Gave JabbaSport a call, and they just said they dont get involved with natural aspirated engines! The thread you have given me uses a throttle cable throttle body, would it be the same thing for a drive by wire throttle body?

Gave JabbaSport a call, and they just said they dont get involved with natural aspirated engines! The thread you have given me uses a throttle cable throttle body, would it be the same thing for a drive by wire throttle body?

:rolleyes: Its all about the big power, if they cant get double figures increase they're dont wanna know eh?

I don't know the answer to your question though mate, sorry.

Little update on the car.

The underside of the bonnet and shut lines are painted, painter is in all day on Saturday to paint it!

20v is staying the Polo.

Gonna carry on with the throttle bodies.

Just descided!

New List!

• Fit Lupo GTI Calipers (changed my mind with the Golf items)
  • Fit GTI Rear Beam and handbrake cables
  • Paint Doors and interior
  • Paint Body
  • Painted Top GTI engine and fit
  • Front end and Radiator refitted
  • Removed Power Steering pipes and pump
  • Throttle linkage correctly installed!
  • Audio cables installed correctly
  • Throttle cable installed (somehow! I should have got the underslung kit)
  • Drop off for Motec ECU installed, wired and mapped! Yup, descided against the megasquirt.

Forgotten what else is needed...

Now make a real list

:P

Dude, I really need to make one.

You need to come up for a beer and we'll work one out.

We need to look into the idea as well ;)

is this in paint yet?

I dunno mate, tried calling earlier as Im wondering about a hybrid turbo and know nothing on the subject so thought Id ask a rally rep addit but no answer.