Lupo GTI Turbo conversion

Tigz™

:lol: thats me and iggy just back from dropping it off :lol: iggy loves the colour andi

Cheers again dude.

I can't wait to see it all one colour again!

Its going to depend on cash really.

Hopefully it will be ready for E38 but TBH so long as its done before the end of the year I'll be happy.

:lol: the guy at the garage was like , come november thats it been here 2 years :lol: oh aye and your cars still sitting on a table as the coilie leg aint on it again yet :lol:

Im so worried about it.

I'm with Northen rock, my morgage deal ended two years ago but because the rates were so high it made more sense not to get a fixed rate.

My morgage is £200 a month more than it was a two years ago.

The sale of the Polo can no longer just be used for the Lupo, so wiring and mapping will have to wait.

I'll HAVE to do that myself, so I'm tempted to sell the mega squirt and get something with good instructions, and wiring diagrams.

so I'm tempted to sell the mega squirt and get something with good instructions, and wiring diagrams.

Par example? What other ecu's are there for this purpose?

I'm interested into whether MS would be able to run the charger project when that gets underway. You reckon it would Andi?

Cheers.

It'd run it fine.

But I cant afford to pay anyone to do the wiring any more, so Id like something that was easy to do if you've never done it before.

The MS is more complicated because you pretty much have to figure it out as you go along.

Im sure someone whos wired up a one of the big name ECUs would be able to figure them out.

• 2 weeks later...

photo-13.jpg

Ok, no its not the Lupo.

But once the wheels have been rebuilt, and the car is sold Ive got the cash to finish the Lupo.

Had a change of heart with the ECU though.

Im tending to think that perhaps it may be a smarter idea to go with something thats built in a factory, with understandable wiring diagrams and easy to use mapping software.

After a phone call last night, an ECU was mentioned at a reasonable price.

It happens to be the same make of ECU another certain member used on his ITB'd GTI so an almost complete map may also be around to keep the mapping costs down.

This two year old car will not spend four years VOR!

• 1 month later...

Hey dude. Nothing new as yet, with the exception of the grey door cards to replace my red ones there's nothing to report!

E38 is coming up, so I'll bring the completed polo and see if I can find a buyer.

Not sure what to do with the Lupo TBH.

Getting a little down with it all.

Dont get me wrong, I still crave the car.

Dont tell the wife, but its the love of my life lol

I just need to get it home so I dont have such a long trip to work on it.

I could possible afford to finish it if I go up and prep it for paint myself and do the rest of the work myself.

Once the Polo sells, I'll have around £1500 - £2000.

To finish it completly, with the ECU I want, wiring and mapping Id expect Im going to need another £1000.

If I use that MS ECU and it goes straight forward, I could possibly finish it for £2000.

But Id have to do everything but the painting for that price.

Been reading this thread for a while without saying anything, but I think its about time I commented.

Massive amounts of respect to you mate! The car is coming along really well and I can't wait to see it finished !

Ok, progress.

Got a call today to ask me to send up the rear discs and pads as they are waiting to swap the rear beam over.

Ok, so no work has been done but at least hes chasing me up over it lol