Lupo GTI Turbo conversion

Tigz™

we need to install my audio, fabricate and trim a boot build.

we need to finish and trim the door builds.

we need to make a headlining and do something with the carpet.

we need to fit the Polo GTI glove box.

we need to strip down the Polo, and work out everything which was done. Then strip down the Lupo and try to recreate everything that Dubsport did in 2005 (hats off to you gents.)

we then need to install the engine, fabricate the mounts and swap over the looms.

All for September Pete? :lol:

Oh Really :o:lol:

I knew about the engine and door builds :huh::P

I think as long as we keep alcohol out of the equation the car will be driven and running to edition, just not sure that all of that list will be complete - even with more help....

John - Cheers fella...

B)

The coilovers need to be raised dramatically.

wash your mouth out with soap boy!! thats comment is worse than swearing!!

we need to strip down the Polo, and work out everything which was done. Then strip down the Lupo and try to recreate everything that Dubsport did in 2005 (hats off to you gents.)

we then need to install the engine, fabricate the mounts and swap over the looms.

do what i was going to do when i went to 1.8T my old arosa, swap EVERYTHING inc headlamp looms, strip the loom out to a shell for wiring and then label everything as it comes out the polo and its corrisponding socket then swap everything over as at the moment you have a 1litre, 1.4 and 1.6litre wiring looms in that car!

Yeah of course I can.

TBH the engine mounts look to be one of the easiest things.

The N/S mount is a standard mount, the O/S mount is a standard mount, welded directly to the chassis leg with the Lupo platform cut awy.

The gearbox mount looks like its either a standard Golf GTI 150 hp or a mixture of the GTI mount and Lupo mount.

I'll take plenty of pics as we are doing it though :)

do u have any info on bits needed for this conversion mate?? i want to do the same to mine but not got a clue where to start. it is my first project but have loads mates that can help me out but i jus need some hints on what bits to get. lookin good to dude,colour looks funkin awesome

My car is coming home for lunch time tomorrow. :D

Below was written the morning after the car left for Scotland, the car was built back together shortly before I found a cheap GTI engine and it had to be stripped again.

Just before my mortgage payments when up by over £200 a month!

Its coming home to be stripped down completely a third time, for its third engine conversion in over five years! :lol:

Its only four weeks until Edition.

I'm so scared.

Even silly things to be done like painting the calipers and bits of interioir trimming on the headlining and boot.

I want to get my audio in before Edition, the car will not be completed, but I have waited years to hear how my RE XXX Mids sound in the minty door builds Icegeezer has made me :)

If anyone who has better skills than me wants to offer a hand the week leading up to Edition I can offer fish and chips and a couple of bottles of Corona lol

erm... Twice the recovery truck didn't turn up, and both times I was releaved.

Decided to leave the car here but forgot to tell my supplier.

Just got home after a night and day in London and found the cars gone!

The bloke turned up on my street, and waited 30 mins blocking the road off until Emma got home.

He'd turned up on a 44ft transporter! lol:

Oh well, its gone now.

The car will return just needing wireing and mapping.

May get him to paint her while its away...

Sorry for the bad photo.

Just look at the amount of wheels on the rear of the trailer lol

00003.jpg

I've not been to the pubs there. I'm more a driver than a drinker.

There are only 2 pubs there (i think) and they are almost right next to each other but I think I know the one you mean. Not the one on the corner?

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.

I loved it when I was in my Corsa with the super loud exhaust (

). I'd heal n toe it coming up to the junction and everone outside would be looking expecting Godzilla or someing like that coming round the corner. Then they see this little Corsa and no doubt say some nice words.

The exhaust was that loud for about 15k (almost a year) and yes I do now have ringing in my ears.