Lupo GTI Turbo conversion

Tigz™

Cool, it will only take a hour or so.

I'd do it before but pete wants to see everything in place before we take his toys off.

Plus I don't want to damage anything.

YOU BETTER NO DAMAGE IT.........................................................

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

YOU BETTER NO DAMAGE IT.........................................................

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Im not worried about damaging it...

My concern is when Andi gets near it......

John is there any paint left.....

I might have to bring my gun and compressor...... :P

Im not worried about damaging it...

My concern is when Andi gets near it......

John is there any paint left.....

I might have to bring my gun and compressor...... :P

Think I might have some. Not the easiest to post down tho. Leaks out the envelopes. Lol. ;)

I have bit of a question.

I know that the 1.8T upgraded internals from the factory to coupe with the turbo. Could you swap the turbo for a supercharger and all the internals handle it. I know its not a swap, but would you need to uprate the internals to run a supercharger even thought they are upgraded to run on forced induction?

I was too old and wise for the Supervisors.. used to question all the silly new rules they used to dream up.

When they tried splitting me, Steve and Ben up and forcing us to take our dinners at different times I made they look foolish as I pointed out I'd have to inform the management that it now appeared fine that Supervisors all left for dinner and fag breaks together but us little folks deserved different rules.. they then stitched me up after they sent me home sick a week later, and when I had to go to the Police station the day after because my flat was burgled they said I was had taken too many days off in my first three months and they'd have to let me go.

I was gonna go quietly until they followed me to my desk to collect my things and when I went to say goodbye to Steve and Ben they tried to tell them not to talk to me..

Plonkers.

The Security were a joke though :lol:

I have bit of a question.

I know that the 1.8T upgraded internals from the factory to coupe with the turbo. Could you swap the turbo for a supercharger and all the internals handle it. I know its not a swap, but would you need to uprate the internals to run a supercharger even thought they are upgraded to run on forced induction?

They were not uprated, its a completly different engine. The engine was designed for the turbo, the internals designed to suit. Not uprated as such, just standard for a turbo engine.

Turbo has a peak power spike so the loading is brought upon the internals in a short space of time, where the load with a charger is spread over a longer period of the rev renge. Turbo internals would therefor handle a charger set up. Why you would want to loose the turbo i dont know, as in theory you can acheive more from a turbo than a charger.

The crank, pistons, rods or anything assiciated with the 1.8T will not fit in to a gti engine either, i researched this alot when sourching my internaly.

John