Modified Insurance...

LOOPTY-LUPO

carnt get any insureres to cover mods at a resonable price???

With adrian flux I would be paying exactly the same as I am now if my car was standard, providing the mods you do are all pretty basic, i.e. new alloys, lowering, induction kit.. etc etc,m adrian flux dont bump any cost onto your premium.

The only cost you may have to pay is an admin fee if you want to declare mods after your policy has started, which is about £15 I seem to remember.

No admin fees for me, and I'm on my fourth (or is it fifth?) revision of my modified vehicle report form smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I specifically asked as I knew I'd be changing things all year, and was told theres no admin fee for mod changes.

Edited by lunalupi

No admin fees for me, and I'm on my fourth (or is it fifth?) revision of my modified vehicle report form smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I specifically asked as I knew I'd be changing things all year, and was told theres no admin fee for mod changes.

LUNALUPI: but who are you with then??

Yep, its great biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> You can even download a copy of the report forms from the website so I don't have to call them anymore on cosmetic stuff (I think they're getting fed up with me now!)

Im with Brentacre...

I have modded insurance & they are pretty cool really.

I can mod the car in any way or form for no extra cost as long as I don't up the BHP.

If I do up the BHP then all I have to do is inform them & pay a little premium.

I'm told the premiums go up in stages.

10-20 BHP = x amount

21-30 BHP = x amount

31-40 BHP = x amount

and so on

hope this helps...

Are you sure, i couldn't get a quote from greenlight because it said they only insure 25+ im only 18 sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ..... carnt get any insureres to cover mods at a resonable price???

im 21 and i am insured with greenlight, i drive a lupo gti aswell.

some quote were huge nearly 3k from HIC and adrian flux.

i need one years no claims on the car becoz i am so young.

they are great and very helpful

alix

Try admiral, 10% discount for buying online and if you add one of your parents as an additional driver you could save a few hundred pounds (providing they dont have a load of convictions) Mine came down from £1340 to £1030 thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

Edited by smoggie85

What 'mods' are you declaring to your insurance? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

im going with bentacre now because they are only £1400 with everything declared including full exhaist system and induction kit.

i've declared everything on mine...

highway are the best but u need to go through a broker...

unfortunately for me i'm limited who i can go with... but its oly £500 smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So you've declared wheels, exhaust system, and induction kit? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Taking a badge off, painting it black, or putting another in it's place doesn't need to be declared... Taking a wiper off and putting a bung in it's place doesn't need to be declared... Colour coding a bumper section, or wing mirror base, or fitting gti wipers doesn't need to be declared... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Can your neighbour from down the road point out all the things that are different on your Lupo, without it standing next to another? No? So is your insurance guy going to notice the differences when it's smashed up and laying in a ditch? Or is the body shop going to notice it when you take it in for a quote? So why declare it? For them to make more money out of you? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Dubya

Colour coding a bumper section doesn't need to be declared... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
first time i have ever needed to say it to you but your wrong laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> If i colour code my bottom bumper aprons i have to declare them as theyre listed in the mods options list stupid i know and something my dad didnt agree with at all when he went on the phone to the girl because as my dad saids if god forbid someone crashed into me theyd have to spray the bumper main section which is 2/3rds anyway so would be no extra to paint the bottoms if thats what theyre on about

and personally i couldnt beat Admiral thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" /> £1100 cheaper than HIC and i tried green light as was recomended to me but yes they only cover 21 years+

wayne

I really don't understand my insurance, I told them around 5 times down the phone my dealer fitted mods... spoiler, cambridge lights, cd autochanger, mudflaps if you really wanna be picky!

They said repeatedly, we cover you on any audio up to £1000 and any accessories from a dealer don't count smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I was well happy smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> especially as the spoiler tends to usually add a lot!

first time i have ever needed to say it to you but your wrong laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> If i colour code my bottom bumper aprons i have to declare them as theyre listed in the mods options list stupid i know and something my dad didnt agree with at all when he went on the phone to the girl because as my dad saids if god forbid someone crashed into me theyd have to spray the bumper main section which is 2/3rds anyway so would be no extra to paint the bottoms if thats what theyre on about

and personally i couldnt beat Admiral thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" /> £1100 cheaper than HIC and i tried green light as was recomended to me but yes they only cover 21 years+

wayne

yeh the admiral online quote has little tick boxes which cover most mods, one of them bieng colour coded bumpers.

it has seperate sections for manufacturer upgrade wheels/kit and aftermarket ones too.

but then again i totally agree with dubya, very very few people will notice the difference, mine was inspected twice and nobody noticed it was lowered 60mm, had colour coded smoothed bumpers, indicators and side repeaters removed etc. they asked why i had no interior and i said it was being cleaned.

mind you, i have declared most of the stuff on my new car

Edited by Arun