the loop is no more......born again, anybody got

Mitchell

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mitch a feel for you, the car was your pride and joy, i was looking forward to seeing it at the keilder meet!!! Gutted. Hope everyhting goes ok with your plans for the future mighty lupo!!!

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Regards Daz

surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" /> doh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":doh:" border="0" alt="doh.gif" /> cant bloody believe it mithc just logged in to chat section for first time in ages and one of the first things i see is @the loop is no more' which i thought has got to be a pisstake but the pictures are shocking ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> i really wanted to see this but havent been able to yetjust hope you keep it so i can see it when its next complete

and a bit of advice althought you probs no this anyway but hey laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , my mate crashed a car and as it was quite rare and moded he accepted a slightly low pay out and was allowed to keep the 'salvage' which he was told was being catagorised as a cat D but after a couple of weeks and a check it was revealed that it was registered as a C and therefore as well as repairing all damage he had to MOT it, VIC it and the fact it said on his logbook it was a crash repaired vehicle that had been identity checked did nothing for his patients so do make sure they dont try to screw you this way at all and that you do get to keep the salvage

also if you tell them whats happened and they refuse to give it a Cat D and you decide then not to claim An 'Incident' has already been filed against your name by then

good luck with the project but i think there for more imaginative engine choices than the 20vt route sorry

wayne

I don't get on here much now with my new job. I only just found this post and am totally shocked. So much hard work went into this car and for it to be lost so soon after completion is harsh. I know how you must feel, when creating a car just how you want it and then it being spoilt makes you doubt if it is worth the effort.

I am pretty damn sure however that with your talent the Lupo will be around again but with even more special touches that will ensure it remains at the highest level it has briefly peaked at for such a short space of time.

I have a Gti inlet manifold and drive by wire throttle body if you need one though by the sounds of it your pretty much decided on increasing to 20 valves!

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

I don't get on here much now with my new job. I only just found this post and am totally shocked. So much hard work went into this car and for it to be lost so soon after completion is harsh. I know how you must feel, when creating a car just how you want it and then it being spoilt makes you doubt if it is worth the effort.

I am pretty damn sure however that with your talent the Lupo will be around again but with even more special touches that will ensure it remains at the highest level it has briefly peaked at for such a short space of time.

I have a Gti inlet manifold and drive by wire throttle body if you need one though by the sounds of it your pretty much decided on increasing to 20 valves!

i am not going down the 20 v t route wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Put some throttle bodies on the 1.6. I would think the motor itself is fine inside, the fuel rail and electrical bits that got cooked are not needed anyway if you go throttle bodies.

i allready have the new engine/box smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> look out blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

no idea and possibly not, i dont know yet. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Good Luck with the new project Mitch biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Be nice to get one of those 1.4 16v screamers with 168bhp from the new golf

HAPPYDAYS....................................IT'S NOT A WRITE OFF

getting a cash in lieu of repair settlement, let the games commence. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You've got 9 days til the North East meet.

Get on it.

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

lol! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />