Something for the weekend! G60 brakes now fitted!

hufcforpromotion

Got the G60 brake conversion to do this weekend after getting hold all the bits! Just waiting for the third coat of paint on the caliper carriers to dry! Got the bits pretty cheap:- VW pads £25, brembo 280mmx22mm discs £50 and caliper carriers £90 delivered!

DSC00534.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00536.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00538.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00539.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

I will post the fitted pics tomorrow night if all goes well!

Edited by hufcforpromotion

nice one mate. the carriers new or 2nd hand? look like you've done a good job painting them smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Be interesting to see if you notice much difference

The carriers are refurbed I believe, then silver plated (not with real silver I expect).

I know because I was going to buy those exact carriers from eBay, and this jam basket beat me to it. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

PS. I'm not entirely sure what jam basket means, my mate says it, but I don't know if it's complimentary or derogatory, he seems to use it for both. Sounds funny though.

Yes the carriers are refurbed but does not matter as was going to paint them anyway! I used hammerite first but they where too bright so used a enamel paint from b&q called Jalpac and is signal red which has now gone a lot darker close to the original caliper colour! This is a very easy mod and I am expecting big improvements! Will let you know the results over the next week bedding the brakes in!

those carriers look luuurvley... mine look a mess, hammerite is like chewing gum! wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

again another cool upgrade! enjoy!

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

All done! Took me longer than I thought as had to paint the rest of the caliper to match the carrier! Will have to wait until tonight to test the brakes and give the paint chance to dry!

Pics:-

Before:-

DSC00542.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00541.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

After:-

DSC00545.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00540.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00543.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by hufcforpromotion

Does anyone know if these are the same brakes as on the front of a Seat Ibiza GTi (2.0,16v N/A version) ,or Seat Ibiza 20v Turbo ? ? ? two of mates with these cars have changed they're brakes to Brembo 4 pot calipers and Discs ..... And they Front brake set ups are for sale , if they fit i'll grab a set for my GTi Lupo ? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

im getting a set next week.... going to gsf for my discs... 30 quid or something silly like that (brembo)... may get new pads as well unless i get some with the brakes... how much did that paint cost from b&Q? although you wont be able to see them behind my wheels so may not bother!! lol

looks great by the way...

im getting a set next week.... going to gsf for my discs... 30 quid or something silly like that (brembo)... may get new pads as well unless i get some with the brakes... how much did that paint cost from b&Q? although you wont be able to see them behind my wheels so may not bother!! lol

looks great by the way...

Paint was £5.99! Cheers

When putting the bolts holding the carriers back in did you use anything to lock them in place to stop them coming out?

And, when buying new pads, do you buy lupo gti pads, or g60 pads smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> or will either do?

Edited by Joe

When putting the bolts holding the carriers back in did you use anything to lock them in place to stop them coming out?

And, when buying new pads, do you buy lupo gti pads, or g60 pads smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> or will either do?

I did the bolts to the correct torque and used standard pads as still the same caliper!

So to get everything so i understand... wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Brembo disc kit 60195 whil fitt my car (Lupo GTi -02), and it's a biger size disc?

I don't need to do anytning more then just mount it?

Thanks!

/J