HOW RARE WAS THE COLOUR CONCEPT LUPO??

scirocco

Don't we have a yellow CC on here somewhere too?

it was a special edition/option which got special alloys, seat colours/materials and other special things smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by lunalupi

COLOUR CONCEPT is basicly a VW in a series of colours that had matching leather and unique (in the case of the Lupo at least) alloys. Normally they also have a few other touches too.

I know of 2 in Southampton 1 Red and the other yellow. But yes they are pretty rare.

Balls Nic got in first. Grrr.

Edited by Ramirez

There was a stunning Blue one at a meet a few years back.

Blue and black leather, stunning Sport.

It came up for sale a couple of year back.

Wish I'd have the cash, looked great.

IMO better than the 'normal' leather interior found in the GTI.

COLOUR CONCEPT is basicly a VW in a series of colours that had matching leather and unique (in the case of the Lupo at least) alloys. Normally they also have a few other touches too.

I know of 2 in Southampton 1 Red and the other yellow. But yes they are pretty rare.

Balls Nic got in first. Grrr.

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

The Colour Concept Pack was a factory fitted option only availabe on "s" and sport models.

Only available for a limited time and very expensive at £2000.

Colour combinations available were:

Black - Black/Black leather

Flash Red - Red/Black leather

Jazz Blue - Blue/Black leather

Yellow - Yellow/Black leather

Fantasia Green - Green/Black leather

Colour Concept pack included:

colour coded leather heated sports seats, head restraints, door panel cenre and pull, handbrake grip and gear lever gaiter with contrast stitching , leather rimmed steering wheel and four "porta" 6j x 14 alloy wheels with 185/55 tyres and anti- theft wheel bolts.

The special alloys were called "porta" in the sales details but in the parts list they were called "SUGO" Part No A6X0 601 025 AZ 31 and retailed at £98 in 2002.

Hope this helps anyone who hasen't heard of a Lupo Colour Concept.

• 2 weeks later...

ahh, yeh it is the colour concept sport..

includes full heated leather, leather gaitor (blue), handbrake cover etc...

Not that many around, nice motor!

gemsinterior.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

quick pic of the leather. This one was bought off another member on here a while back totally standard though! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> <ay be the one TIGZ seen, think we picked it up from Northhampton?

Edited by biggaz

Hi,

We have a year 2000 1.4s jazz blue colour concept which we have had since new. I have never seen another does anyone know how many there are in UK. Are there any others in ClubLupo? It was an expensive option cost me an extra £2000.

Not many around at all

Lets see some pics then

Mmmm that leather interior is gorgeous wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> .

I saw one of these go on ebay about a year ago, it seemed to have had every option available! Went fairly cheap too IIRC.

More pictures please!

Mmmm that leather interior is gorgeous wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> .

I saw one of these go on ebay about a year ago, it seemed to have had every option available! Went fairly cheap too IIRC.

More pictures please!

Ill try get some more, when its clean it looks well smart! Nice touch with the heated fronts too!

Jon where you from then? were in washington/seaham? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ill try get some more, when its clean it looks well smart! Nice touch with the heated fronts too!

Jon where you from then? were in washington/seaham? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm down in boro, not far really. Are you coming to the North East Kielder "Military Drive" Meet ?

I like the colour concept because it's a bit more unusual, like my SE 'Cambridge'!

Yeh lol, unlike them common GTI thingy's! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Actually its not even my loop so i better shut up!

Not sure on the Meet yet? wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

• 6 months later...
Yeah I'd be interested in seeing some too. Searched for it but only came up with this: -

http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showCar.asp?carId=35482

What models did you get it on? Or I take it as it was an extra at £2000 you could have it on any, even a GTi?

That's me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

does anyone have a picture of the green one ?

d921729b.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I used to have a colour concept mk3 GTI and a lupo version would amuse me.

Rich