Philplop's Red GTI - SOLD!

Philplop

Cheers, only thing is the red matches my car quite well, and the tint would make it darker. Don't really want them tinted, just red. I'll have a goosey at yours at the next meet and see what I think then, can compare side by side.

Nope, it was a little plastic 'cup' that clips in to the light cluster, over the indicator bulb. I melted it into small pieces with a soldering iron, kind of cutting through it in sections, then picked the bits out of green stuff and put them in a pile.

Hey presto! A very-slightly-less-orangey rear indicator.

My car's filthy. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

ah ok that makes sense smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> really doesnt make that much of a difference does it, i would have thought with that colour removed it would be as red as the rest. odd

• 3 weeks later...

I was gonna hold out posting pictures until they were on the car, but seeing as dannywhitely's stolen my thunder and element of surprise Bathursts.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

I thought the same thing, I peeled all the masking tape off that was covering the red (did the red first), trying not to look at the wheel til it was all off. Stood back and admired my handy work and thought "they're frigging mental". laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Tyres tomorrow hopefully, got a new set of Toyo's sitting in the hallway, much to my mams dismay (they'd get mucky in the garage!) get these whacked on, slam it again then take it for its tracking and camber set up (at last rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) in my free period from Uni on Tuesday.

Cheers for the comments eveybody.

Make sure you get plenty of lacquer on them if you haven't already done?

Have you used cellulose paint?

You might need to touch a few areas up after you have the tyres put on

Looks good though mate, very good idea....... and should look the dogs danglies once on

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

T

certainly different! looking forward to seeing them on. i think theyd look lush with red centres and black rim smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Jen x

Yeah, that photo was taken before the many coats of laquer. Just about to flatten them with compound to take out the little high spots, then got some Supagaurd alloy wheel protector to go on.

Not sure what type of paint it was. The red is Halfords Tornado Red.

Used Acid etch primer, normal primer, plastic primer for the centre caps. Tornado Red, Satin black, then lacquer. Next on the shopping list is a face mask. Cough. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Bit worried about getting the tyres on too, but I have a touch up kit at the ready.