VW Fox

Ste-Polo7

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see how it could ever look as nice as the lupo.

Thats because you have no imagination wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I would like to think like any other car owner they would be made to feel welcome.

At the end of the day, the Fox isn't a straight replacement for the Lupo.

Went in to my local VW showroom this morning to see Fox. Does not have the quality look of the Lupo, plastics not in my opinion up to "old" Volkswagen quality. Very hard and cheap looking. Good design though for a small shopping car lots of space and the price is right. I can't see it having the VW enthusiasts taking it to their hearts more a utility vehicle for a specific purpose and that is a shame!! By the way, no fanfare launch they did not even have a price list suggested I download one from internet then told me the cars were hard to get hold of at the moment - Great salesman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats because you have no imagination wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I would like to think like any other car owner they would be made to feel welcome.

At the end of the day, the Fox isn't a straight replacement for the Lupo.

What I didn't put across was exactly what scirocco said. I can't see it being like a MK2 or MK1 Golf, a real classic. Just exploiting the kind of mumsy car market, high(er) driving position, selling it on things like room for shopping and isofix points etc.

Im going to go off and do some photoshopping now, no imagination pffft tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I had a look at the Fox this morning at my local dealer, i still like it, its quite a bit digger than the lupo aswel, the only thing with it is the quality i thought. As soon as i got in it felt a little cheap and the front blind sports are quite large aswel.

we had a look at the fox this morning at our dealer sick.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":sick:" border="0" alt="sick.gif" /> i am not impressed at all! seemed so cheaply built and it was very family orientated. huge front dash to put all the toys etc, really high upright driving position was so uncomfortable! safe to say well be keeping hold of the gtis for a few more years wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Jen x

They are really good cars awesome infact. Look at the potential for styling and tuning. All the top tuners are already working on them.

Not really I was kinda hoping people were going to like them so they were start selling there Lupo's. Never going to work was it.

I like the fox... its a good car, slightly let down by a dodgy dashboard arrangement (which makes it look cheaper than in is) and a too high ride height. I think it works well for what it is, but if I was to buy it, i'd want the diesel which atm, they're not selling in the UK for huge economy benefits, or maybe some more powerful petrols just so it has a bit of shove.

However... im very interested in the fox sport, as according to some car mags (so this may not be right, but I can hope) they are planning to sell it with the 1.6 from the lupo GTI for around £9500 in this country. Its already sold in south america where it looks like the white one on this photo:

david33_1086642985_photo_vw_fox_8.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

now I think that looks pretty good! regardless of whether its a fox or not!

VW are also offering their own kit on normal foxes in germany atm:

01_450.125142.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

02_450.125144.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

which again isn't too shabby!

so yes its not a lupo, and lupos are great cars, but considering its mostly around £2000 cheaper on each spec level of lupo, its really not that bad is it guys?

Edited by Petes 16V Sport

spec level of lupo, its really not that bad is it guys?

Having seen a lot of them on the roads... yes, yes it is.

You are right thought there is no diesel version as apparently VW think they will struggle to sell more than 7000 in the UK a year.

You are right thought there is no diesel version as apparently VW think they will struggle to sell more than 7000 in the UK a year.

you know I dont understand vw... they didn't bring the 3L Lupo here, they're not bringing the new Polo Blue Motion (does around 85mpg but with 0-60 12.2 secs using 1.4TDI) and now they're not bringing a diesel fox, even though it would probably do in the region of 80mpg in extra urban conditions, yet we have one of the highest sale prices of petrol in europe? in my opinion they're wud be a huge market for people wanting cars that economical, if it was heavily publiced enough.

you know I dont understand vw... they didn't bring the 3L Lupo here, they're not bringing the new Polo Blue Motion (does around 85mpg but with 0-60 12.2 secs using 1.4TDI) and now they're not bringing a diesel fox, even though it would probably do in the region of 80mpg in extra urban conditions, yet we have one of the highest sale prices of petrol in europe? in my opinion they're wud be a huge market for people wanting cars that economical, if it was heavily publiced enough.

I've been reading about the Bluemotion and it sounds quite good although its not as advanced as the Lupo 3L or the A2 3L but they have done that to keep down costs which is probably a more attractive proposition.

Having said that though in Copenhagen last weekend 3L Lupos were everywhere! I even managed to wind up everyone I was with that it was the legendary 3L Mid mounted 4WD V6 version of the Lupo tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

The white photoshop looks fantastic.

I really hope it looks like that.

The white one was that concept 'Pepper Fox' it wasn't a photoshop was it confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

was in one yesterday its ok i suppose but the door cards reminded me of a ford cargo,

It was shown at the time it was annouced.

It wasn't a real car but an artist impression of what it will look like.

Thats a photoshop isn't it?

lol yeah that wud be, im sure I saw some motorshow pictures of it somewhere to though, any place were you can get hold of old motorshow pictures?

Forget the SportFox, this is what we need ...

vwfoxgti7iw.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Sorry, it's a photoshop wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />