23 litre tank?

VW advertise the lupo as having a 23 litre fuel tank

Yesterday i put 29.74 litres of diesel in, and it was just on the verge of being full - Does my car have a bigger tank? Or is my Filling station giving false measures??

i've always been told, and have read, that the lupo has a 36 litre tank with a 6 litre reserve!

I've never been able to put more than 28 litres in my sport huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

It's a bit strange going from a 58litre tank to the lupo rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

So, are the tanks officially different sizes for different models?

In theory the GTi has the possibility of more space for a bigger tank as it has no spare wheel well, but the exhausts are still there.

yup ---- just found my brochure and it says 34 litre...

God knows where i got 21 from then lol...

which makes my car even less economic to what i initially figured...

The best MPG i've ever had out of it is 45.3... pretty crap eh...

Edited by nfbr

Most I have got in was 33 litres and that was from off the white line below the red and pressing the pressure release button many times.

Most in cash is £32 when I paid over a £1 a litre at some service station mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

NFBR

That is quite low for a diesel, your car is chipped though isnt it? Was it more economical before you had it chipped?