Lupin III (Petrified's 1.4 16v Sport)

Petrified

my new sport lupiniii0a.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />lupiniii0b.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />lupiniii0c.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

and my other car gti002.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

gti003.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Petrified

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They both look great although i know which one i'd prefer! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

What are the plans for it? I spy another loop in the background too.

Nice base car. Keep the G and stick its engine in the Loop ph34r.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You doing anything with the GTI?

And is that blue one Alten8s loop? shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Both are really nice it's like big and little brother Just a quick question about the GTi, why is the honeycombe mesh around the fog lights filled, with one random hole in each side?

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Nice base car. Keep the G and stick its engine in the Loop  ph34r.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You doing anything with the GTI?

And is that blue one Alten8s loop? shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it is Altern8s lupo, very nice with the leather biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />. It was the Cardiff E1k meet last Sunday

The GTI has a miltek exhaust and been remapped, although only running 232bhp and 246 ft/lb at the moment. it will probably end up with a revo remap up to around 260bhp and a similar ammount of torque. The pictures are from when it was new, in June. I trading in my previous car (Civic Type-R) for it. It's now got 11k miles on it and a bit dirtier!

Sold the G40 unfortunatly. I did have two and sold one the previous month also it's actually the red one in the background of the lupo picture. I had considered the g40 route but I want to make use of the engine that's already in there.

I'm looking at the supercharger route for the sport, there is a kit available for £550 and the eaton (£80 on ebay) should be looking around 140-180bhp depending on what other work is done. Although you have to add fitting costs on top of that if your not going to do it yourself (which I wouldn't)

I will probably be using it as a track car of sorts. it already has the cambridge lights and some oz superleggras thanks to lupogtiboy. It has a few dings and scratches already but I'm not really worried about it.

Both are really nice it's like big and little brother  Just a quick question about the GTi, why is the honeycombe mesh around the fog lights filled, with one random hole in each side?

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't really know, it's annoying because the air supply to the engine bay is quite restricted. The older GTI's had holes in the grille but you cannot get the parts anymore, they now all come with the filled in ones.

I did try buying a spare and drilling it myself but it looked so messy it was pointless. I'm sure when available there will be decent power gains just by sorting out the air supply.

In an ideal world I would have had a Lupo GTI but cannot really justify the price. I would have loved to get some 16" golf GTI replica wheels. They would be looking pretty cool sitting side by side. Currently outside my house we have the Lupo, my g/f's polo 9n and the golf. Shame the polo is silver! oh, and the 2 mk3 polo saloons in the back graden! need to do something with them soonish.

Edited by Petrified

you were doing so well with the cars you owned, then you said polo salloons, oh dear

nice cars though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> interior looks nice on the lupo (red doorcards etc) Golfs a bit Familyish so assume you carry a few people about?

you were doing so well with the cars you owned, then you said polo salloons, oh dear

nice cars though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> interior looks nice on the lupo (red doorcards etc) Golfs a bit Familyish so assume you carry a few people about?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's ok, the saloons are being used instead of a garden shed at the moment tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Not usually got a lot of people to carry around but I do tend to carry a lot of large objects so I need the space.

ahh! yet another gti in black - best colour for that car imo shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

nice lupo too, seems like its in worthy hands!

wasnt there something in pvw about why its filled in around the fogs? nice motors by the way!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lupo was looking cool at the meet mate, can't wait to see it develop!!

If i remember rightly the 6-Speed GTI originally came with filled in mesh, and the DSG-box equipped cars had 7 or 8 vent holes. VW then changed it so all the GTI's had the same filled-in mesh. Shame really, proper mesh would be much better. Hopefully some aftermarket tuner will cotton on to this and sort some out!

Oh, and I can see myself in that pic looking at the red G40 in the background!!

looking good fella, and thanks for the kind words! really wanna see the lupo with the oz's on!

i'll look into the grille on the gti, see if i can source some vented ones! vw always know how to mess-up and perfectly good idea!

well if you can excuse the extremly ***** quality of these pics, just took them outside still have a bit of light here.

the golf is the dirtiest it's ever been and the photos are too blurry, but then if I used the flash they would have been too dark.

lupo needs lowering it's taller than the golf lup1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

lup2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Petrified

found one, here it is next to my old g40.

m9n03.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

g403.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

and my old polo

9n22.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

and for the hell of it my old mk5

mk5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

gt...

gt4a.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

the only pic i could find of my type-r

gt-r.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

the other g40

j402.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

polo saloon

mk3saloon4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

that'll do, couldn't find pics of the others! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Love ur old FSI polo there was one of them modded nicely in this months PVW and it looks sweet

Youve had quite a good selection of cars alot are quite recent cars such as the type R etc why do you change ur car so often?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the past 3 years I have changed my main car 3 times.

First it was 9npolo FSI I bought in may 2003, I traded it in on the in June 2004 Type-R because I wanted a faster car, I was looking at the golf gt at the time but the type-r was a much faster car which appealed more to me. I was swayed on the generous discount too.

I missed the polo a lot, there were a lot of features and options that the type-r didnt have. A lot of people say the interior isn't very good but I thought it was fantastic and the red/black seats and door cards looked great. Towards the end of the year as winter came I have a few issues with the car, mainly to do with how I was driving it, and the back end slid out a few times. I wasn't too keen on driving it. around this time the golf GTI was available so I took an interest. In january I went to my local dealers and enquired about a trade in on the type-r with 14k on the clock. The price they gave me was more than I paid for the car! Untill then I wasn't seriously considering it, just an interest... Plus after a few test drive i realised the golf was every bit as fast as the type-r and more drivable. And more suitable as I am driving quite a few miles.

I contacted drive the deal to find out what deals they could do, I think up to an 8% discount, I went back to my dealers to see if they could match it but they wouldn't budge. so the idea was off for a while. A few weeks later my dealer then phoned up and offered a pretty good deal on the golf, not as much as dtd but it meant I could trade the type-r in. I took them up on it ordered in february and px'd the type-r in march with 20k on the clock but still at the same price quoted in february.. I didn't get the golf untill June but had a G40 to drive around in. This made the change over to the golf even more of a big event as I hadn't had any of the luxureys for a few months!

During the time I had the type-r I didn't moddify it at all, although I was tempted I knew it was a lot of money to get such a small ammount of extra power out of it. mine was running around 206bhp standard so I was happy with that. Instead I looked at getting a G40 to play about withbut couldn't find one, so I got a mk3 polo GT, next best thing, I had this for a few months then found a g40 so I sold the GT and bought that.

I then wanted a track day car so I bought a mk3 saloon with the plan of fitting a g40 engine, then bought another g40 as I was told it was quite scruffy and a perfect doner car. when I bought it, it looked perfect and would have truly been a waste to break it. So now I have 2 g40's and a polo saloon. I decided to sell the first g40 as the golf was coming soon but it didn't have the interest and I didn't really want to part with it. At some point I managed to pick up another saloon for next to nothing for spares.

Now I have the golf gti I wasn't driving the G40(s) enough, and it is a lot of money to have in a car you're not using much, so I advertised both, and both sold. I didn't really expect that. so the saloon track car went out of the window too.

So I've now got the GTI and 2 saloons in the back garden doing nothing. so I buy a lupo as I still fancy a track car, and these are so much fun, the sport was very cheep has a few miles on it but still pretty decent. the 2 saloons may be going next week so it looks like I'll have what I wanted all along. It just looks very overcomplicated when I re-read this!

1 I must keep the Golf GTI for a while

2 I must keep the lupo and get it supercharged on coilovers and take it up to llandow.

3 I must not buy another G40.

#3 will probably be the most difficult.

blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I loved your old Polo.

If i remember rightly you sold me the 6disc CD auotchanger from it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello! I thought it ended up in a Bora. Or was it the passat?

I remember though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well mate now youve explained why, it doesnt seem so bad polo does look nice though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

And oddly your the first person to say they didnt like the driving experience much, my sister loves the look of them and wants one (25 so can have one angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> ) but ive always said theres gotta be better cars out there and then someone i knew test drove one said "its twitchy kinda but find still, its hard to explain" but you saying a golf is better must mean they aint as good as people keep saying.

Have you ever thought of something like a scooby? rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Anyway good luck with both cars there a nice pair

Edited by The subtle modder

I missed the polo a lot,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you meen about the Polo.

We had one as a hire car when the Loop set fire.

I hated everything about it, the interior was dull, the ride was terrible, there was no steering feel whats so ever, the brakes were over servo'd.

But.

It felt great to drive.

As a 1st car, it just worked.

Was pretty quick, but didn't feel it. Was very comfy.

The girlfriend loved it.

Had a right challange talking her out of wanting one.

Great thread this.