Favorite Film

Al

Haha, I originally had only 5 as someone suggested a list of 5 but I'm watching Super Troopers this now so added it as it's just so ridiculously funny, I like them all for different reasons and they have all probably been my most favourite at one period of time.

Fight Club(most thougt provoking)

Lost In Translation(most romantic)

Westworld(favourite classic, Yul Bryner is cool parodying himself)

The Spy Who Loved Me(Favourite film from childhood)

Super Troopers(most funny)

Edited by gargoil

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> green mile does it for me and swordfish

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Aliens

Blade Runner

Fargo

The Lost Boys

The Life Of Brian

Galaxy Quest

Donnie Darko

The Matrix

Original Star Wars Trilogy.............

................I could go on and on biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

my top 5 gotta be

original war of the worlds

humantraffic

donnie darko

road trip

blood sport

big fan of the american pie trilogy, battle royale and french version of taxi and its sequel. also a huge fan of any manga films, such as Akira (legendary), wicked city and Vampire Hunter D.

as already said, its hard to do a definitive faves list, as there are so many films i watch over and over.

Enemy at the Gates.

Was a film that I remembered seeing was on ITV Digital's ppv service for ages, and thought it sounded boring from the description. Anyway, one day I sat down with my lunch and there was nothing else on, so I turned over to it. I happened to catch it about 10 mins in when he's lying in the fountain and takes out the German 'big cheese' and several others. My lunch was still sitting there uneaten at the end of the scene, and that's a rare thing!! Lol

Over the course of the next week or so I watched it every day, and that is also a rare thing.

a huge fan of any manga films, such as Akira (legendary), wicked city and Vampire Hunter D.

I'm a big fan too of the more recent ones - Spirited Away is my favorite, but Howls Moving Castle was good and certainly looking forward to Steam Boy (10 years in the making!). Classic ones such as Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky are worth mentioning.

Impossible to choose just one as it changes every hour/day/week/month/year

This week I've been mostly enjoying Dead Mans shoes (2004)

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Dead Mans Shoes

Sin City

Mars Attacks

Dead Presidents

Menace to Society

Alien/Aliens

39 Steps

Rear Window

Notorious

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Forbidden Planet

Team America

Fifth Element

Fist of Legend

Ong Bak

Old Boy

Brother

City of God

Adv Baron v. Munchhausen

Time Bandits

Life of Brian

Italian Job

The Machinist

and on and on...

Edited by twisty b-road

What's that then? Do you mean the cartoon series?

Theres a CGI 'cartoon' series coming first, then a live action tv series after that from what we've heard. Hes making a WW2 film before either though.

Edited by AndyW

blood sport

cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> "The American asshole who gets chicks with bricks" laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

As for my top 5...

Full Metal Jacket

The Exorcist

Blues Brothers

Aliens

Goodfellas

First 5 that popped into my head smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

nobody's mentioned Jean Reno in The Big Blue

Jaws (still makes you jump when the head floats out even when you know it's coming)

28 days later (think it's on the tv at the weekend which reminded me, worth a watch if you haven't seen it)

Ronin

Silence of the lambs

Hes making a WW2 film before either though.

I presume he knows for realism he can't CGI everything, set it on a distant planet and have the 'lead' characters two bickering husbands? I can't see it working myself. He's certainly a good businessman, but with films a bit of a one trick pony with sci-fi (he's only directed 6 films in his career). The only exception is America Graffiti. Still love Stars Wars though, part of my childhood and makes me feel sorry for children that age now which have no comparible films now LOTR is over.

i loved 'heat' until i had to write an essay on it and the bank robbery scene... 'a symphony of bullets'

comedy has to be 'friday'

robocop was way ahead of it's time...it's a shame people disregard it as pure action

my fav 'classic' films are 'citizen kane', 'angels with dirty faces' and 'casablanca'

fav recent film is probably charlie and the chocolate factory. depp is class and the colour general 'mise en scene' is out of this world. tim burton is a genius

In no particular order...

Shawshank Redemption

The Ususal Suspects

Memento

Sleepers

Beaches

Sin City

The Assignation of Richard Nixon

Spun

Steel Magnolias

Until I think of any more!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Vixwagen

i loved 'heat' until i had to write an essay on it and the bank robbery scene... 'a symphony of bullets'

lol.

I hope this doesn't happen for me. I'm writing my dissertation on Michael Mann. Studying what I do does sometimes take the enjoyment out of films as the lecturers are always making us read into things.

Ive worked for a cinema for the last three years so to be honest I dont watch them much anymore but Crash is definatly worth seeing, Leon is an awsome fim, the first three star wars film are clasics & at the moment we are trying to get hold of the goonies to show in a competition with chunk coming over from the states to compare.

Super trooper is a good film, Anchorman, Dodge ball, old school,

Kung fu hustle, pretty much all of the 80 action flicks, raw deal, comando, red heat, showdown in little tokyo, big trouble in little china,

More modern stuff like, hustle & flow, V for vendeta, sin city the Xmen series

I could on on for ever really!

& when I say I dont watch a lot of films, I mean comparied to the lads that work in projection!

Ive worked for a cinema for the last three years

What type of cinema do you work in? I always wanted a job in an independant to get me through uni but never found a vacancy.

What type of cinema do you work in? I always wanted a job in an independant to get me through uni but never found a vacancy.

Work for AMC, have sites in Manchester & Birmigham & thats it for the uk!

If it helps we could do a "5 favourite films in no particular order"?

Sounds remarkably like a quote from one of my favourite films...

Time Bandits

Can't remember the last time I watched that film!

fav recent film is probably charlie and the chocolate factory. depp is class

Definite agreement from over here.

My top errr... however many...

High Fidelity (brilliant film)

Kill Bill 1 (I liked 2, but I prefer 1)

Save the Last Dance (chick flick, I apologise)

School of Rock (the kids in it are musical geniuses)

Spaceballs (never fails to make me laugh)

Young Frankenstein (you might notice a Mel Brooks theme)

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

The Goonies (childhood favourite)

Flight of the Navigator (no school holiday was complete without it)

Edward Scissorhands (I cry every time, without fail)

Gone in 60 Second (purely for the cars)

Singing in the Rain (Gene Kelly - awesome)

Seven (very *very* clever film)

There are *loads* more, but thats all I can think of for now...

Edited by nickilupo

Space balls Awsome,

The last starfighter, my school holiday film,

From dusk till dawn,

Flight of the Navigator (no school holiday was complete without it)

Yep, and Short Circuit and Batteries Not Included.

Has anyone mentioned Indiana Jones? The action-adventure films

seeing as i am still a teen i can get away with this selection of films tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Hackers

Bio-dome

Tank Girl

Fifth Element

and a few others that i cant remember to be honest

You piss the bed Andy?? Lol

Waaa? No, was getting ready to head out to work you cheeky git. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I presume he knows for realism he can't CGI everything

I reacon the 'cartoon' series might look pretty good, it'll be like the CGI in the feature film version of Final Fantasy (which was pretty damn good graphics wise, and that was a few years back now!) rather than the traditional cartoon style like the Clone Wars cartoons that were on before Ep3 came out.

God knows about that WW2 film, all I know is that its specifically about African American pilots.