just joined the gym!

Jen

this thread is useless without pics biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

P.S. i've lost a pound in total weight and added 3 pounds of muscle in the last two weeks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I've decided to do some cycling every day from now on, try and get into shape for the summer rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Cardio vascular excersise, you need to get your heart rate up, doing some sort of aerobics class is good, or just walking or cycling.

Do they have advisors in the gym, cos they'll probably be good to ask for a bit of advice wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

anyone got any good workout tips or plans?

Yeah, don't!! LMAO.

Seriously, I need to get a bike soon and start lifting weights again. Things are getting soooo bad! Lol

I miss riding my mountain bike, used to ride loads, but no way would I ride here, I quite like being alive, and plan to stay that way for aslong as possible.

I also miss swimming, of course, in summer we are lucky an can swim in the sea, but no way am I ever going to a public pool here, they make you wear swimming caps. Freaks.

they make you wear swimming caps. Freaks.

roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

I remember wearing them in first school

There's nowt wrong with swimming caps.. Just make sure you're fully talc'ed up!

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> Where do you put yours then? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

best way I did it for toning up & losing weight was 40-60 min workouts, 1st thing every day, either 20-30 mins running & then light weights, or a full hour of lightish weights & mega repetitions & sets.

This, mixed with sensible diet, PLENTY of water and keepingg an active lifestyle for the rest of the day means your metabolism will go through the roof smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I hate the gym in Jan and Feb. You get all the people that have eaten too much over christmas so its always rammed in there. 90% have stopped and are back on their sofas by March though. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

......but im sure you'll stick it out Jen. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I really can recommend a personal trainer. I see mine every week, and if your doing any muscle work/weightlifting, its amazing how you can get it wrong if you dont get the correct instruction.

If you don't know about core strength, correct posture etc with regards to lifting, I highly suggest you seek out a PT. Although I've got a good idea now, I mainly go for motivation now.

If your just doing fitness training, it doesn't matter, as any kind of excercise that gets your heart beating is a benefit.

There's nowt wrong with swimming caps.. Just make sure you're fully talc'ed up!

There is EVERYTHING wrong with a swimming cap, everything, it has no redeeming feature other than to make you look like a twerp.

I really can recommend a personal trainer.

LOL, if this gets out on EVO you'll forever be know as, that GAF Brummie with a ITR.

I am feeling so fat tonight, just been out for a meal and literally got stuffed! Need to go for a long walk tomorrow!

Edited by AndyW

cheers guys! its worked out at £21 a month so im pretty impressed.

i used to have a personal trainer a few times last time i joined. taught me how to do alot of decent work with the free weights, good squats etc

getting an hour with the PT this weekend to get some tips so hopefully go from there!

@andyp - i dont want to loose weight...just tone up the flabby bits and my upper body strength! i cant even carry a 15kg dog at work at the mo!

@max - damn you foiled my plan!

@andyW - me too! eaten far to much creme brulee!

Jen x

cheers guys! its worked out at £21 a month so im pretty impressed.

i used to have a personal trainer a few times last time i joined. taught me how to do alot of decent work with the free weights, good squats etc

getting an hour with the PT this weekend to get some tips so hopefully go from there!

@andyp - i dont want to loose weight...just tone up the flabby bits and my upper body strength! i cant even carry a 15kg dog at work at the mo!

@max - damn you foiled my plan!

@andyW - me too! eaten far to much creme brulee!

Jen x

u can't "tone up flabby bits"

people have a misconception that you can turn fat into muscle.

you need to burn the fat and break down muscle fibre.

u can't "tone up flabby bits"

people have a misconception that you can turn fat into muscle.

you need to burn the fat and break down muscle fibre.

how about you burst my bubble a bit more there...hehe

basically what i was trying to say is that i used to have a solid stomach etc and strong shoulders and i want to build them up again because ive lost muscle tone! that ok?! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Spinning Classes, Boxercise, Body Combat, Aero Attack, Speed Rowing and some free weights may help Jen smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Spinning Classes, Boxercise, Body Combat, Aero Attack, Speed Rowing and some free weights may help Jen smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i think i may keel over too tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ive seen them spinning classes at the gym, they have to go in after with mops to get up all the sweat off the floor wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Yeah. I used to run 8 classes a week before I started supervising at work.

You should try speed rowing if you can find anywhere that does it. Similar to spinning but on rowers and you sweat a LOT more tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />