Silver! (Arosa)

Silver!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine has self-healing bushes too - got a warning on his first MOT with me, not mentioned them since......having gone through another 2!

Price sounds good for all of that - priced it up as mine is due again this year, came to £110ish for all the parts (cambelt kit, waterpump, filters minus air, spark plugs...) then labour and MOT on top.

Edited by lunalupi

Looks sooooo much better now theyre on a motor...they looked a bit odd on theyre own :blush:

I want roof bars now! :lol:

You can have my roof bars for £1 gazillion...

:coffee:

9948004_38bbe9a01208808685_m.jpg

Made payable to.....? :coffee:

HAHA!! :lol:

I'm not sure I would live long enough to use all my credit dear! Unless of course; you are very expensive!

• 11 months later...

No new pic's, just a new MOT and annual service.

(May) 02 Plate, 29,000miles, new exhaust cat back 6 weeks ago, new MOT today: needed new discs and pads. Otherwise fit and healthy, no warnings.

Well not fit in the sporty sense, but fit in the world of MOT certificates.

:)

• 1 month later...

So we've all seen the pic's of the GTi fully loaded, if not see my sig, but I wanted to see how the little 1.0 MPi would cope.

So I fitted the bars and roof box, put the back seats down and loaded her up with camping equipment, TSO and the dog and headed off for a weekend in the Scottish Borders: Lauder to be precise.

Here's a couple of pic's...

3564936328_f4c757b860.jpg

3564119095_089669f4a5.jpg

3564118935_d5839a5676.jpg

3564118731_98864f2439.jpg

With our new weekend hotel...

3564118543_7cd5a90423.jpg

She actually coped very well. Not the quickest off the mark, but then she's not that even without the extra load, but she coped really well and covered about 250 miles with no trouble.

i remember the joys of an overloaded 1.0

cars looking good btw

Cheers!

I was quite surprised how effortless it seemed. I was expecting slow crawls up the long hills, but she kept the momentum going well. Just don't slow down too much!

The GTi will be going on the next couple of camping trips; Beadnell, Northumberland and Tarland Deeside, to cope with the miles and big hills.

Yeah you definately have to take on a whole new driving style but you can keep up with the traffic the 1.0's are mighty little engines

they can be used and abused, my 1.0 was way more fun than the 1.4 i have now

• 1 month later...

Well I didn't take the GTi after all. So here we go from: near to sea level to the highest public road in Britain, all fully loaded of course!

3616781333_817022b9b2_o.jpg

3616779867_707daf7e0d_o.jpg

3675773765_fc0147ffcd_o.jpg

She done herself proud. :)

...i do need to get some awesome pics, like these ;) of him in said manner though! haha

Thank you and yes you do. Show the luurrrrv for the 50 horses.

I like it on the Tarantulas. :)

Thank you, as do I. It really needs to go lower, but it needs to be sensible too.

-45mm springs, 165/60/13 tyres (-19mm over standard 155/70/13) means its lowered by approx. 64mm overall. I asume it's settled on the springs too.

Wouldn't believe it looking at the arch gap though. I may have to get the 14s back on.